1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 270 and I've had trouble like most people using it in the sun. I always knew that if cradled it enough, I could, maybe, if I'm lucky, read something off the screen! However, yesterday something strange happened. I was in my car and the sun was hitting the car from behind. I picked up the Treo and the screen was amazingly visible and clear!!

So from now on I'm going to try to recreate the same angle (if possible) when I'm using the phone in the sun. It basically worked wonderfully when the sun was hitting me from behind, at a slight angle from one of my sides. Basically if I drew a straight line from the Treo as I'm holding it in front of me to the Sun, the line would pass right by my head. The sun's reflection would be going off the screen right past the other side of my head. In trying to recreate it, be careful not to completely blind yourself with the reflection--I did
    Last edited by silverado; 09/11/2003 at 01:44 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Originally posted by me
    In trying to recreate it, be careful not to completely blind yourself with the reflection--I did
    In case you're wondering, I used a Braille keyboard to type this!!

Gee Sliver, that was really "bright"!
    I know that this is going to sound very purplex of me to say this but every time I am out in the sun with my Siemens SX-56, I never have to stand on my head or calculate specific angle vectors in order to use the thing. Call me spoiled but I have really grown to like such a far out, leading-edge feature as that for the good money I paid for it.

I know, I know, I still would love to have one of those cool, built in qwerty keyboards and that is why I hang out here. I am hopeful that the T600 can be tolerated out doors. We shall see soon enough.

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Nautilus Man
    I know that this is going to sound very purplex of me to say this but every time I am out in the sun with my Siemens SX-56, I never have to stand on my head or calculate specific angle vectors in order to use the thing. Call me spoiled but I have really grown to like such a far out, leading-edge feature as that for the good money I paid for it.
    Of course, we all do

But for those who has already paid a lot of money for existing Treo's, I was trying to share one way this could be made to work.
    I very much appreciate the infromation, Silverado, and planned on trying it today. Unfortunately, after several days of beautiful weather, it's now grey and drizzly in DC today. Even if I have to face a certain way, I'll be very happy if I can actually see my Treo's screen in the sun.

Geoffrey