Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would swear I saw a yellow car driving from the right to the left side of the Speed Dial screen this morning. Looked like a Beetle type of car, crossing the two buttons that display time and date.

Was I hallucinating? Has anybody else ever seen this on their Treo?
    Originally posted by Mol
    I would swear I saw a yellow car driving from the right to the left side of the Speed Dial screen this morning. Looked like a Beetle type of car, crossing the two buttons that display time and date.

Was I hallucinating? Has anybody else ever seen this on their Treo?
    Were you out on the highway by any chance ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    No, you were not dreaming...

What you saw was an 'Easter Egg'. Basically a Palm programmers small tribute to him/herself.

There are quite a few.... go to Prefs/General and in the bottom right of the screen, you should see an... Easter Egg. If you don't, just draw a small circle and it should appear (tap it to turn it off).

This will enable Easter Eggs and there are lots of them. Inchworms, Red Taxi, Yellow Taxi...

Most are activated using a combination of stylus strokes and key presses but if your Easter Egg is enabled, you should see these things randomly appear from time to time.

But don't worry, these are non destructive and just fun

Oh, this is not an Easter Egg but is fun:
    Go to the normal PalmOS launcher (not a third party Launcher).
    Press and hold the 'UP' scroll key and at the same time tap on the time in the top left corner of the screen - HS Flip will dance around the screen.

Also, 'UP' key and tap between the time and the dropdown list will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about your battery
    www.gsmworld.com
    Thanks NZMOKO! I turned mine on ... how cool. How come Handspring doesn't tell us about these things? Now I can't wait to see what surprises I have in store...

Originally posted by Llynx
    Thanks NZMOKO! I turned mine on ... how cool. How come Handspring doesn't tell us about these things? Now I can't wait to see what surprises I have in store...

The whole point of easter eggs is that they're secrets. They hide fun little things and we get to find them, get it, easter egg hunt... get it (jerking elbow).
    Everytime I hear of Easter eggs I can't help but think "if only they'd spent the time they did making these on real features...."
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Everytime I hear of Easter eggs I can't help but think "if only they'd spent the time they did making these on real features...."
    LOL, you have a point.
    So what do the red and yellow taxis look like on a monochrome screen?
    Originally posted by RawData
    So what do the red and yellow taxis look like on a monochrome screen?
    Grey?
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

Grey?
    I... uhhh.... oh man, I guess I left myself open for that one...
    Originally posted by RawData

I... uhhh.... oh man, I guess I left myself open for that one...
    Yes, yes you did.
    does anyone know how to make one of these things happen once the easter egg is on? I want to see one.
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by mrgarza
    does anyone know how to make one of these things happen once the easter egg is on? I want to see one.
    I have the cabs all the time since my first post. At least once per day.

Still don't know how the easter egg was switched on all of a sudden, I'm 100% sure I didn't see the easter egg in the Preferences screen before.

BTW, was it Excel 97 that had the pinball as an easter egg? Now that was a waste of developers time! The little cabs probably took the developer no more than a day, if not less.
    Originally posted by mrgarza
    I want to see too!! I made my easter egg come up... but no taxis or anything..
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I can't seem to get the easter egg to display in the general panel. I'm wondering if either the firmware upgrade or the addition of something like RecoEcho+ disables this "feature".

Is there some trick to drawing the circle ?
    I can get the egg to show up just fine. To get it, draw the circle about as big as the Treo's antenna is thick in the lower right corner, as far in the corner as you can.

I can get the egg to show up, but I haven't seen anything other than that happen.
    Originally posted by KKenna
    I can't seem to get the easter egg to display in the general panel. I'm wondering if either the firmware upgrade or the addition of something like RecoEcho+ disables this "feature".

Is there some trick to drawing the circle ?
    mine took awhile.. i had to draw the circle at the bottom right screen a few times.. Im not sure if yours minght do the same trick, but I was pressing the "up" button and drawing a circle at the same time. You only need to make a circle once.. if you do it repeatedly it will come on then off.. so one circle + Up button should do the trick...
    can this be done if you dont have any of the graffiti add on?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  19.    #19  
    i certainly don't have any graffiti software. it's the one thing that I always hated about the Palm OS and the reason i've never bought a POS based PDA before the Treo.
    Originally posted by Mol
    i certainly don't have any graffiti software. it's the one thing that I always hated about the Palm OS and the reason i've never bought a POS based PDA before the Treo.
    so where do you draw this circle to get the egg?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast