1.    #1  
    Some time ago I posted a message that for me, being visually impaired, the Treo 270 is a big plus.
    For one thing, I can see the screen (except, of course, in the sun.)
    Second, I have found large fonts for free with which I can replace the smaller fonts.
    I can now send SMS messages, and see the replies! My previous phone a Philips 820 was too small.
    I get envious looks at work when I access the internet for the latest football (sorry, soccer) news
    Last year, I borrowed an Ipaq, the flash one with Bluetooth! I didn't use it much. Yes, the screen was nice, but I couldn't easily change the font size. Also, it had no keyboard, and the battery didn't last too long either.
    I've been so impressed with the 270, I just hope when it dies the new 600 screen will be large enough for me to see, although the unit itself looks good.

Paul
  2. purpleX
    Last year, I borrowed an Ipaq, the flash one with Bluetooth! I didn't use it much. Yes, the screen was nice, but I couldn't easily change the font size. Also, it had no keyboard, and the battery didn't last too long either.
    CETuner (Not only you can change font type, but also font size, since PPC suports Truetype fonts)
    http://pocket-pc-software.penreader....uner_2002.html

I am not sure what your 270 battery performance is, but I am sure 3975 can beat it when properly used. 3975 also has a very cheap optional thumboard and full size keyboard option.

Post your 270 battery benchmark, and I'll supply 3975 battery benchmark for comparison. (btw, 3975 is out of production now and has been replaced with various more advance models)
    Just curious purple, have you ever tried to type on an "optional" thumboard with both hands? Last time I watched a hapless executive try it the iPAQ snapped right off and landed face first on the pavement. It looked like a really bad spill. So I immediately whipped out my Treo and sent a text message to my friends making fun of the guy.

"Love that iPAQ!"
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  4. purpleX
    I don't know, I never use it.
    I use tengo and transcriber myself. I dont' even use full screen keyboard or fitaly.

thumboard sounds like thing that Dilbert phb would use on a handheld.
    There are various magifying apps for PalmOS as well like ZoomThis and TealMagnify!. The latter one seems to have gotten the better online reviews...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions