Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    If you can provide step by step directions that works, it will be much appreciated. I tried to copy the BLbookmark from my old backup folder into the new backup folder and hotsync it but managed to overwrite it and lose the old BLbookmark database. All I have left is the bookmarks on the phone.

    Is there a good description anywhere that explains the different hotsync custom settings and what they do? The Handspring user manual or the help in Palmdesktop is grossly inadequate in that area IMHO.
  2. #2  
    This should be much the same as transferring all your other data and apps when recovering from a hard reset or setting up a replacement treo.

    Hotsynch the old treo. I recommend you use something like backupbuddy or filez to make sure you backup all files.

    After that, change palm conduit system setting to "system overwrites handheld". Then simply hotsych with the new treo.



    OTOH, if you merely want to transfer your bookmarks to another device, simply set your palm conduit to handheld overwrites system, hotsynch, then grab the BLBookmark.PDB file from backup directory. Install to target device. Should do the trick.


    -Joe
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    This should be much the same as transferring all your other data and apps when recovering from a hard reset or setting up a replacement treo.

    Hotsynch the old treo. I recommend you use something like backupbuddy or filez to make sure you backup all files.

    After that, change palm conduit system setting to "system overwrites handheld". Then simply hotsych with the new treo.



    OTOH, if you merely want to transfer your bookmarks to another device, simply set your palm conduit to handheld overwrites system, hotsynch, then grab the BLBookmark.PDB file from backup directory. Install to target device. Should do the trick.


    -Joe
    Just a thought. Can I use IR to beam the bookmarks from one Treo to another? If so, what are the steps involved? I am kind of leary after having so much problems with hotsycing and not getting expected results and losing data.
  4. #4  
    You should be able to install the backup bookmark file instead of just putting it in the backup folder.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    You should be able to install the backup bookmark file instead of just putting it in the backup folder.
    I should be able to but don't know how. Would you care to provide step by step instructions? Thanks in advance!
  6. #6  
    Just double click it. It will bring up the install app.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Just double click it. It will bring up the install app.
    Thank you! Double clicking did it!

    What I did was trashed the backup folder in Palm desktop, hot synced the old Treo (which creates a new backup folder of all the data in the old Treo). I then went into the newly created backup folder and deleted everything except the BLbookmarks and PhoneDialDB, double clicked them and hot synced the new Treo.

    (I think I could have left everything in the backup folder and just double clicked the BLbookmarks and PhoneDialDB to install them but I wanted to be sure nothing else got installed)

    My bookmarks and speed dial is now transferred to my new phone finally!

Posting Permissions