1.    #1  
    Before Comcast bought out AT&T's broadband I could send and receive email from a Comcast.net account on my Treo 270 using SSL and Eudora.

Now that Comcast has taken over I'm working to get my 270's mail working with the same Comcast.net account. I've changed to Snappermail from Eudora for feature reasons, but believe I'd not be successful with Eudora either.

I CAN receive mail from Snappermail through the Comcast account but not send. I read a hint on the lame Comcast forum that there is a limitation with the SMTP portion of the service.

Anyone had success with Comcast accounts and Snappermail via Treo?

Thanks,
    Tim
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
    Timboyd,

Many of the "good" ISPs actually restrict "relaying" using their SMTP servers in order to restrict helping out the folks who seem to think SPAM is cool. Meaning, they restrict use of their SMTP servers to only people who are on the COMCAST network.

So while this creates a "challenge" for you getting to do what you want to do, it actually helps us all out because they aren't helping the SPAMloosers.

So what you need to do is find a domain or something that will allow you to relay your SMTP traffic through them. You might be able to get a cheap web hosting account somewhere that will allow you to do it -- or check with any "web devs" you know to see if they know of a server you can use to relay your SMTP traffic!!

Hope this info helps!

Brian
    Originally posted by Timboyd
    Before Comcast bought out AT&T's broadband I could send and receive email from a Comcast.net account on my Treo 270 using SSL and Eudora.

Now that Comcast has taken over I'm working to get my 270's mail working with the same Comcast.net account. I've changed to Snappermail from Eudora for feature reasons, but believe I'd not be successful with Eudora either.

I CAN receive mail from Snappermail through the Comcast account but not send. I read a hint on the lame Comcast forum that there is a limitation with the SMTP portion of the service.

Anyone had success with Comcast accounts and Snappermail via Treo?

Thanks,
    Tim
    how are you connecting to the net on your treo? gprs? another isp? comcast (not likely)?

Anyhow, click this.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I use comcast.net and Snappermail with no problem. You are using GPRS, no?
  5.    #5  
    Felipe, thanks for the FAQ link to Snappermail. Funny, I'd not looked up there yet. I must be losing it. Normally I'd look to vendor support sites first.

1. I'll go up on Cingular support and see if I can use their SMTP server for sending. Thanks for the hint.

2. I DID just get the mail I sent at 10:00 a.m. in my office email at 2:00p.m. --- Hmmmm, long time running around the net, but MAYBE it has something to do with the worm stuff we're all wrestling with. -- Btw, standard SMTP outgoing server per Comcast.net

Thanks for the replies guys,
    Tim
    Hey Tim,

We meet again

I've had no problems with Comcast and SM.

In SM under server info:
    POP3 Server: mail.comcast.net
    SMTP Server: smtp.comcast.net

That's it!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  7.    #7  
    Hey millerhifi,

Good running across you too. I've seen you pass the ATTBI stuff along from time to time. Good to keep the chain going.

Thanks for the Comcast.net stuff. That's what I've got configured, but it takes HOURS to send mail through Comcast even though I can send mail to them within a minute.

I'm hoping it's something to do with the worm.

How's your Cingular service in the Southland these days? Mine here in San Jose is spotty as always.

Tim
    The Cingular service has been very good for me throughout SoCal. There is always those few dead spots. I just don't make a call when I know I'm approaching those areas
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  9.    #9  
    I've just sent mail from my 270 via Snappermail to my both Yahoo and another Comcast.net account. Both messages arrived within a minute.

I'm putting my money on 'The Worm' for previous tardyness

I'm satisfied with Comcast.net mail via Snappermail now.

Thanks to all who replied.

Tim
    Glad to hear that all is well!
    It was definitely slow the last few days!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone