1.    #1  
    So I've had my Treo for about a year, and been a LONG time wireless email user (even back to the days of the old Palm snap-on-the-bottom analog modem - eek). My general goal has always been to not have to take the laptop with me when I travel, or even go to meetings in town. The one fallback to that was always presentations. Had to have the PC for presentations. yes, there was the Margi Presenter to Go thing for the Visor (never owned a Visor, tho), and more recently, SD-based solutions for newer Palm devices (not for us though) but for me, I would always have to drag along the PC for presentations.

No more. I know my solution is not particularly revolutionary, but it's allowing me to never need my PC. Almost never.

Now, when I do presentations, I use the 'Pitch' presenter thing from iGo (www.igo.com), in combination with QuickOffice to grab and present the dreaded powerpoint. And (and this to me is the best part), if I need a presentation that doesn't happen to be on my device, I can wirelessly retrieve it from my PC via MobileFile on my Treo, send it to the Pitch, and then run the newly downloaded presentation right there. Instant flexibility.

What I like about the Pitch thing is that once I download the pres to the Pitch via my little USB cable connected to the Treo, i can then disconnect the Treo from the Pitch thing, and walk around and talk, and advance the slides via IR on my Treo. No more waiting for the PC to boot up to get going, no screen going blank on the PC due to screen saver while I yak on and on endlessly.

It's awesome.
  2. purpleX
    DOes that ipitch thing support OS 5.0? It's not listed in the spec list.

But if you just want presentation directly from handheld, any handheld equipped with BT and BT-projector adapter like Irma can do it just fine. It's little pricey, but sure as heck a lot cooler since it can project whatever on PDA screen instead of just presentation app.

http://www.corporatekeys.com/irma_bluetooth.html

BTW. I forgot, ya can't do that with treo.
  3.    #3  
    not so fast there kimosabe - the Pitch does indeed have the ability to present whatever is on the handheld screen, not just presentation. It comes with a little app called 'iPresent' and will project what's on the Palm screen. Don't know how much real use that has,but it can do it.
    And the OS version is immaterial to the Pitch thing. all good.
    when I do presentations, I use the 'Pitch' presenter thing from iGo (www.igo.com), in combination with QuickOffice to grab and present the dreaded powerpoint.
    My life just got way easier ... and people thought I was a techno geek when I got my Treo 300, wait 'til they see presentations done with it!
    Originally posted by nrosser
    The one fallback to that was always presentations. Had to have the PC for presentations. yes, there was the Margi Presenter to Go thing for the Visor (never owned a Visor, tho), and more recently, SD-based solutions for newer Palm devices (not for us though)
    I've been wetting my pants over the prospect of using Presenter to Go on my Treo 600 because it has an SD card. IF YOU KNOW OF A REASON THIS WILL NOT WORK, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

6.    #6  
    I don't see why it wouldn't work, but if you want a solution NOW that will also work with the 600, and you have a 300 now, get the solution I've mentioned above. The 300 and 600 both have the same connector at the bottom, which is how the pres gets onto the Pitch (via cable), and then you're off.
    My point? My solution works now with the 300, and will also work with the 600. Best of all worlds.
    Thanks nrosser. I don't currently HAVE a Treo of any kind. The 600 will be my first...I do want the solution NOW, but then I also want the 600 YESTERDAY
    nrosser,
    You really are both a gentleman(woman?) and a scholar. It is truly a pleasure when I come across something that is going to make my life easier and more pleasant in these threads, and you have certainly done that. Even if I did have to deal with the big, purple, monster rearing his head.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.