1.    #1  
    Does anyone else think it looks more like

pal-mone

particularly as a web address.

Isn't that a kind of Italian dessert?

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Actually, I think it's a good move.

When it's spelled as intended, it's "pa1mOne" (note the number 1 in place of the L in "palm" and the upper-case "O" in the word "One".
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    The spelling is still with an l, only the logo (to be creative?) has the 1.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    That "1" business is imbecilic if they actually spell it that way, but I also believe it is only in the logo. It's like E*Trade with the stupid asterisk. That has caused me so much grief in trying to do Internet searches or filling out information forms because I'm sure it crashes some systems with wildcard characters as field data.
  5. purpleX
    Not to be out done, today Microsoft announces it will split itself into 7 companies after completing merger with a near death unknown dot.com has been.

Microsoft also announces that from now on it will call itself M1cro$0ft.

pa1mOne in the meantime has hired a group of script kiddies to lead their next ad campaign with a slogan. "pa1m0ne, it's l33t. It doesn't r0x0r. h4x0r rulez." The kiddies are paid with an equivalent gift of $6.50 an hour instead of wages to prevent federal child labor law.

Handspring spokesperson can't be reached for comment citing their resume sending activity anticipating completion of the merger.

jh meanwhiles is still a snivelling heyna according to now defunk jeff hawkins fan club president, JakeE.
    Originally posted by miradu
    The spelling is still with an l, only the logo (to be creative?) has the 1.
    I gathered as much, but was simply pointing out the 1 for those that might not have noticed, since it doesn't look anything like "pal-mone" to me.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    It is strange what forum threads get my interest...but the Palmone spelling with an "1" or "l" is interesting. I finally came on the thought that they did not spell it with a "1" but with a Times New roman font "l". See below:

Here is a lower case l in times new roman.

So, I am going with the font issue and not some young kid making up the logo.

Scott
    Originally posted by swharton
    It is strange what forum threads get my interest...but the Palmone spelling with an "1" or "l" is interesting. I finally came on the thought that they did not spell it with a "1" but with a Times New roman font "l". See below:

Here is a lower case l in times new roman.

So, I am going with the font issue and not some young kid making up the logo.

Scott
    Some young kid making up the logo? What are you talking about?

Perhaps you should go and check out their web site. I don't think it's Times Roman. I think the 1 was an intentional design element in their logo. Whether it was some kid's idea or not I couldn't say.

http://www.palmone.com/us/
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Sorry to confuse you Insp_Gadget...I was not saying that young kid made up the logo...I was just commenting on what I found really funny in purpleX's post. There is no way that Palmone hired a kid to do the new logo.

As for teh number "1" in the name. I was just stating that this could all be a font issue. My post was suppose to show that the lower case "L" in some fonts look like a number "1". So, depending on the font used for their logo...it could be a lower case "L" or a number "1". Guess we will have to wait till Palmone clears it up. My bet is on a lower case "L" in a font that looks like a number "1". But if is was intentional, it looks nice either way. Of course the more fun game would be to try and guess how much they spent on dreaming up the new logo. (Remember to add in new letter head, business cards, all new advertisements, and the cost of those wonderful company name consultants!!)

Scott
    Originally posted by swharton
    Sorry to confuse you Insp_Gadget...I was not saying that young kid made up the logo...I was just commenting on what I found really funny in purpleX's post. There is no way that Palmone hired a kid to do the new logo.

As for teh number "1" in the name. I was just stating that this could all be a font issue. My post was suppose to show that the lower case "L" in some fonts look like a number "1". So, depending on the font used for their logo...it could be a lower case "L" or a number "1". Guess we will have to wait till Palmone clears it up. My bet is on a lower case "L" in a font that looks like a number "1". But if is was intentional, it looks nice either way. Of course the more fun game would be to try and guess how much they spent on dreaming up the new logo. (Remember to add in new letter head, business cards, all new advertisements, and the cost of those wonderful company name consultants!!)

Scott
    Ahh, I see. Since I pretty much ignore what PurpleX has to say most of the time, I missed what you were referring to.

But I still maintain that it's a "1" and not an "L" in the logo. If it was an accident, someone would have had to go way out of their way to make it. Why stick a serif font in the middle of a non-serif font logo? No, that's a "1" (one) in the same font as the rest of the logo, I'm willing to bet.

Not only that, but it's all over the Pa1mOne website in multiple sizes. It's not like it was a one-time "accident". For example, it's here in one size, and here in another size with other text in a graphic. This was definately intentional.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint