1.    #1  
    I just downloaded babycheck with hotsync. Now I have "fatal alert" and "fatal exception" on my screen. Soft reset and hard reset bring up the "Palm Powered" screen but then return to the fatal alert screen. It won't shut off with the power button either. I have the Crash Hack but it's not working. What do I do now?
    Originally posted by jamesjgross
    Soft reset and hard reset bring up the "Palm Powered" screen but then return to the fatal alert screen.
    I had a similar problem (but not with the app you mention).

Hard reset wouldn't even work and brought up a flashing 'Palm Powered' logo.

In the end, I disconnected the battery and that did the hard reset.

Hope this helps.
    www.gsmworld.com
  3.    #3  
    The answer to my own question: hold the power button down while doing a hard reset. Screen will ask if you want to erase all data -- up button for yes. Then I deleted babycheck from my desktop archive. Then I did a custom hotsynch with "system" set "desktop overrides handheld". After a long synch, I am good to go.
    In that situation the easiest thing to do is a safe bootup, where you hold the up button and do a soft reset. After a few seconds you can let the up button go, and it should boot up. At that point you can go delete the erroneous application, and then do another soft reset.

Booting up with the up button pressed will prevent the OS from executing the startup code in each installed application, as any corrupt application will likely crash during this bootup process.
    Thanks Potatoho

Good to know... wonder why my hard reset wouldn't work. Didn't get the option to erase data. Just got a flashing 'Palm Powered' logo...
    www.gsmworld.com