1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am thinking of getting a Treo and Sprint PCS and want to make sure I can accomplish what I want to do.

I want to be able to connect the tTreo to my notebook PC and use it to dial my Earthlink ISP.

Can I do that? What cable do I need? Software?

Thanks,

Jim
    You need PDANet which is $35 or so.

You need a USB cable which comes with the Treo but I'd advise you get an aftermarket cable that charges the Treo from the USB port to avoid wasting your battery.

The problem with this setup is that if you really want to dial your ISP it's going to cost you $0.35 a minute. If you use Sprint's Vision service instead, it's $15 a month for all you can eat data. The problem with this approach is it's against the Terms of Service, though most people get away with it.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    The problem with this approach is it's against the Terms of Service, though most people get away with it.
    Really? I called Sprint today and they told me I could do exactly what I want to do without additional charges if I get the Vision service.

Jim
    Didn't happen to get the name of the person, did you? I think the number that has been kicked around is one gigabyte per month. That's a LOT of data. If you hit that, they cut you off. Or so I've heard. Anyway, if that's you were told, run with it. No one has really been able to get a solid answer out of them. If you have one, great!