1.    #1  
    Holy crap!! Have you guys seen this thread over at PDAPhoneHome?!!!

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=1

Here is how mod BT into the i5:

http://i500.nopdesign.com/hw/
    http://i500.nopdesign.com/hw/index2.html
    http://i500.nopdesign.com/hw/index3.html

I am simply in awe and flabbergasted by this development!! How the heck can the SPH-i500 be out for less than a couple weeks and all these incredible mods take place...when the Treo 270/300 have been out forever and nothing like this has ever been tried!!! At least that is AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK!!! $If$ $people$ $can$ $mod$ $the$ $i5$ $and$ $add$ $BT$ $and$ $possible$ $an$ $SD$ $expansion$ $card$ ($according$ $to$ $other$ $threads$), $how$ $come$ $no$ $one$ $here$ $has$ $treid$ $to$ $do$ $the$ $same$ $on$ $the$ $Treo$ $270$/$300$? $There$ $has$ $got$ $to$ $be$ $some$ $eletrconic$ $engneers$ $around$ $here$ $who$ $could$ $do$ $this$!??? $Anyone$?????????

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    That thing is so small! I wish there were a good way to put a keyboard on it!
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    ......how come no one here has treid to do the same on the Treo 270/300? There has got to be some eletrconic engneers around here who could do this!??? Anyone?????????
    Don't forget that there is more to it than just hardware. The OS in the Treo just wouldn't support any of this.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    ...snip...At least that is AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK!!! $If$ $people$ $can$ $mod$ $the$ $i5$ $and$ $add$ $BT$ $and$ $possible$ $an$ $SD$ $expansion$ $card$ ($according$ $to$ $other$ $threads$), $how$ $come$ $no$ $one$ $here$ $has$ $treid$ $to$ $do$ $the$ $same$ $on$ $the$ $Treo$ $270$/$300$? $There$ $has$ $got$ $to$ $be$ $some$ $eletrconic$ $engneers$ $around$ $here$ $who$ $could$ $do$ $this$!??? $Anyone$?????????
    Hahaha! I'll be sure to let the rest of the geek squad know that they're falling down on the job.

Of course, they might be a little envious of the uber-geek that modified that i500.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a gadget geek, but that takes the cake. I wonder how that i500 actually performs after the modifications.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Well, at least we now know NOT to tinker with the Treo 600 battery (a large one!) with a screw driver
    Originally posted by silverado
    Well, at least we now know NOT to tinker with the Treo 600 battery (a large one!) with a screw driver
    Yeah, I saw that....Kind of nasty wasn't it?

"You'll shoot your eye out kid!!"
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I've been experimenting with adding Bluetooth for synchronization to the Treo on and off since January. The Jabra headset is a sufficient third-part product for anyone that wants a Bluetooth headset for their Treo.

My project has been to try and figure out how to build an adapter - one that has software support for PalmOS 3.5. I think it's possible, but I'm not certain, but below I'll describe how I think we could do it.

To do this with a Treo we'll probably require a TDK Blue5 Bluetooth adapter. TDK includes software that is PalmOS 3.5 compatible. I don't know that this software will work with the Treo, but it's the only bluetooth software for OS 3.5 that I can find. Assuming that the software will work, it'll be a matter of interconnecting the Treo and the Blue5.

However, this interconnection is not trivial. The Treo (and the Clie and Visor for that matter) does not implement RS-232 serial, but instead has a TTL level serial connection. There are plenty of serial cables out there that include the circuitry to handle this. Perhaps we can strip one out for our project. The next hurdle is providing power to the Blue5.

Given that the Treo already has such short battery life, it doesn't make sense to pull the ~4V needed to power the Blue5 off of the main battery, but given the size of the Treo, adding a batterypack is probably no that good of an idea either. A fellow in Germany references a small circuit board that will allow us to power the Blue5 with just one AAA, but that's still pretty big. Maybe there's another small battery (perhaps even rechargeable) that we can use.

That should get us there. That's one way of possibly getting Bluetooth to work with the Treo. If anyone has any other ideas, please post them here and we can try to figure it out.