1.    #1  
    Handspring has changed their web pages - TREOs are now noted as a product with variations based on carrier.

In other news, the main page links to a "Smartphones" page - one who might speculate might speculate (...) that the presence of a sub-page linked to via "Smartphones" could imply that there will be a future product subpage linked to via some other non-"Smartphones" string...

But that would be pure speculation.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor

In other news, the main page links to a "Smartphones" page - one who might speculate might speculate (...) that the presence of a sub-page linked to via "Smartphones" could imply that there will be a future product subpage linked to via some other non-"Smartphones" string...
    I fail to see your logic. Seems to me they already have those other strings with no implication to add any more ("accessories," "software," etc.).
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I fail to see your logic. Seems to me they already have those other strings with no implication to add any more ("accessories," "software," etc.).
    I sort of do see it... for a company that only sells smartphones, it's odd to have one category listing all they have. It's kind of useless. But what would that other product category be?

This might be a prelude to the new Palm web site. A Smartphones category makes a lot of sense there.
    Maybe to get us use to Treo being a Product group, under the heading of Smartphones on Palms site...
    Jim
    Thanks,
    intysf@cs.com
    TreoCentral.com
    Product Page Editor
    Originally posted by silverado

I sort of do see it... for a company that only sells smartphones, it's odd to have one category listing all they have. It's kind of useless. But what would that other product category be?
    They don't just sell smartphones. See my post; I list two others (and there are more).
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    They don't just sell smartphones. See my post; I list two others (and there are more).
    Sure they have other categories, but they are all subsidiary ones to the main products: smart phones. They are not parallel categories like you'd find, say, in buy.com.

Not a big issue and I wouldn't have started a thread about it, but pushed to think about it, I think it is probably facilitates merging the web site with Palm's. The HS folks might be responsible for setting up the Smartphones section of the new web site and this is a good start.
    Global Posts
    1,586 Global Posts
    Maybe they're just preparing to be swallowed up by Palm...
    John 3:16-18

Handspring Visor Prism w/Digital Link -> Palm Treo 600 -> Sprint PPC 6700 -> Palm Centro -> Blackberry Tour -> Blackberry Bold 9780 -> Blackberry Torch -> Palm Treo 755p -> BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Handspring has changed their web pages - TREOs are now noted as a product with variations based on carrier.

But that would be pure speculation.
    I don't think we'll ever see another "Handspring" labelled pda again. (It's time for all those still hoping for a Prism II to get with reality) I agree with others that the other non-smartphone category that might be added would most likely be to the PalmSG product page etc. It seems quite clear now that the new merged "Palm-spring" company will have three main product lines in the future: Tungsten Series, Zire Series, and the Treo Series. The Tungsten will be the enterprise wireless handheld line. The Zire will be the consumer/multimedia orientated line. And the Treo will be the smartphone line. The only X-factor is what will Palm do with the "Veld" name that it copywrited long ago? My theory is that they planned on making that their own smartphone line prior to the merger with Handspring... but it is still interesting to speculate none-the-less...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions