1.    #1  
    I have been chewing over purchasing a palm phone for over a year now. I currently have a Nextfail provided by my job and a Palm M505. I have spent a lot of time drooling over the Kyo 7135 - and the Samsung SGH-i500 looks like it might be sweet too. But, the bottom line is that money is tight and price matters - so I have waited. The rebate offers on the Treo's from Amazon look like they might be too good to pass up. It will be hard for me to live w/o the SD slot as I have grown accustomed to it on the M505 - but for the price...

I have browsed through the archives, but, didn't find the answer to a few questions that I have and I was hoping you all would help enlighten me.

Is there a difference in screen quality between the 270 and the 300? Two different co-workers have both just purchased Treos (one 270 and one 300) from Amazon. When side by side, the 270 backlight seems to have a bluish tent. I suspect that this is just a quality issue with the one phone. I have noticed differences (but more subtle) between the backlight tent on differenct M505's when held side by side. Has anyone else noticed this with the Treo? Did he just get a bum one?

I am surprised that the Handspring belt holster snaps the phone in screen side out. I know it is protected by the lid, but so is my i1000+. It snaps in the case face it - and thanks heavens. I have bumped into corners enough that the back is scratched up pretty bad. If it were face out, I doubt you would be able to see through it anymore. I have seen many non-OEM leather cases, but does no-one else make a face-in snap holster?

Thanks for taking the time to anwser these questions. If I do decide to make the purchase, I know that I will find the answers to many questions here.

t
    Originally posted by terryg
    I have been chewing over purchasing a palm phone for over a year now. I currently have a Nextfail provided by my job and a Palm M505. I have spent a lot of time drooling over the Kyo 7135 - and the Samsung SGH-i500 looks like it might be sweet too. But, the bottom line is that money is tight and price matters - so I have waited. The rebate offers on the Treo's from Amazon look like they might be too good to pass up. It will be hard for me to live w/o the SD slot as I have grown accustomed to it on the M505 - but for the price...

I have browsed through the archives, but, didn't find the answer to a few questions that I have and I was hoping you all would help enlighten me.

Is there a difference in screen quality between the 270 and the 300? Two different co-workers have both just purchased Treos (one 270 and one 300) from Amazon. When side by side, the 270 backlight seems to have a bluish tent. I suspect that this is just a quality issue with the one phone. I have noticed differences (but more subtle) between the backlight tent on differenct M505's when held side by side. Has anyone else noticed this with the Treo? Did he just get a bum one?

I am surprised that the Handspring belt holster snaps the phone in screen side out. I know it is protected by the lid, but so is my i1000+. It snaps in the case face it - and thanks heavens. I have bumped into corners enough that the back is scratched up pretty bad. If it were face out, I doubt you would be able to see through it anymore. I have seen many non-OEM leather cases, but does no-one else make a face-in snap holster?

Thanks for taking the time to anwser these questions. If I do decide to make the purchase, I know that I will find the answers to many questions here.

t
    The tint is probably the result of one particular Treo. The 270 and 300 have the same exact LCD. Some people have mentioned they got a Treo with a green, blue, or yellowish tint. I don't think there's any difference between the 270 and 300 in that respect.

I haven't seen a holster that holds the Treo face in. I have the Action Pack case, which is a neoprene case that clips onto the belt. That holds the Treo face in, but I haven't seen a regular plastic holster that does that.
  3.    #3  
    Great. Thanks letsgoflyers91. That is pretty much what I thought, but it was nice to hear it confirmed.

t