1.    #1  
    While on a call, if I press and hold any of the letter keys on keyboard, the call is disconnected. I disabled KeyCapsHack and everything is back to normal. Enabled it again and same thing happens. I have disconnected many calls trying to enter account numbers and passwords until it annoyed me enough to find the cause. I am quite certain it is KeyCapHacks. I tried changing settings in KeyCapHacks and it did not help.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a workaround?

KepCapHack is a nice app but if it hangs up my calls inadvertantly that's not very nice.
    May I ask why you are pressing and holding keys while on the call? There may be a workaround for what you're trying to accomplish.
    Ha ha. That's actually a great feature! Though I suppose it shouldn't be doing that.
    Okay I looked at it and it is because when it goes to capitalize a key, it has to hit backspace to back over the lower-case version when it goes to capitalize it. And of course backspace is the key to hangup in the phone app.
    Whoah, cool. I'm no programmer, but I like finding out how this stuff works.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    May I ask why you are pressing and holding keys while on the call? There may be a workaround for what you're trying to accomplish.
    Well I am not exactly holding the keys down. I have KeyCapsHack set to 250 ms for both double click and hold down, which works well for me entering text, but disconnects calls when I enter account names and passwords . Maybe if I up the KeyCapsHack durations it may help with the hangup problem.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by potatoho
    Okay I looked at it and it is because when it goes to capitalize a key, it has to hit backspace to back over the lower-case version when it goes to capitalize it. And of course backspace is the key to hangup in the phone app.
    Hi Potatoho,
    Are you the author of KeyCapsHack? Great tool BTW. Anyway to fix it? I do like 250 ms for double click and hold down but it causes call hangups.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by newtreouser

Well I am not exactly holding the keys down. I have KeyCapsHack set to 250 ms for both double click and hold down, which works well for me entering text, but disconnects calls when I enter account names and passwords . Maybe if I up the KeyCapsHack durations it may help with the hangup problem.
    I program account numbers into the "extra digits" in speed dialer. I do not program passwords in "extra digits" for security reasons. It is when I manually enter passwords using the thumbboard that calls are disconnected by KeyCapsHack. I could use the touch screen keypad to avoid the hangup problem but I prefer using the thumboard.
    No I'm not the author, but I use it a lot and I have patched my own copy to add some things I like. There's probably some simple ways to fix your issue, I'll try to take a look later.