1.    #1  
    My 180 has started unexpectedly turning itself on. It doesn't seem to follow a pattern, but after I turn it off it comes on again quite quickly - 20-40" later. It then turns itself off after another .5 minute or so. Then it keeps turning itself on and off. Seems to be every 30" or so.

Anyone else experienced this?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Odd, mine has the opposite problem. I have it set to turn itself off after 3 minutes (i've also tried the other options, 2 and 1, I believe) and sometimes it just doesn't turn off!?! Not always, but intermittendly (spelled wrong, I know!).
    Originally posted by Visor_1
    My 180 has started unexpectedly turning itself on. It doesn't seem to follow a pattern, but after I turn it off it comes on again quite quickly - 20-40" later. It then turns itself off after another .5 minute or so. Then it keeps turning itself on and off. Seems to be every 30" or so.

Anyone else experienced this?
    check your pending sms.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by nora
    Odd, mine has the opposite problem. I have it set to turn itself off after 3 minutes (i've also tried the other options, 2 and 1, I believe) and sometimes it just doesn't turn off!?! Not always, but intermittendly (spelled wrong, I know!).
    I had that problem too at one point! I think it was related to some 3rd party software - either Treo Alert Manager, or Treo Tools. I junked the first, and replaced the latter with Radio Control.

Re the problem of random power ups - I've tried checking pending text messages and there were none... Think it's time for a call to Handspring.