Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Is there a sprint bluetooth phone available? I heard the T608 was nixed. I know with an SD card the 600 will do the job but don't want to wait till fall.
    Originally posted by garyt01
    Is there a sprint bluetooth phone available? I heard the T608 was nixed. I know with an SD card the 600 will do the job but don't want to wait till fall.
    The T608 hasn't been nixed, at least not yet. As of right now the SD Bluetooth card won't work with the Treo 600. The card isn't compatible with OS 5, which is what the Treo 600 runs. Since Treo 600 doesn't have integrated Bluetooth, Palm or someone else will have to release a new Bluetooth SD card that will work with OS 5. Until then, or of course the T608 is released, no Bluetooth for Sprint.
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

The T608 hasn't been nixed, at least not yet.
    It hasn't? This is great news, but where did you hear it? Everywhere I have read seems to indicate that it has gone bye-bye.
    I was told this week by a contact at Sprint HQ that it is still planned for release. She didn't have a date available for me.

Geoffrey

Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane

It hasn't? This is great news, but where did you hear it? Everywhere I have read seems to indicate that it has gone bye-bye.
    Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane

If you check out the forums on www.sprintusers.com and the Sprint forum on www.howardforums.com there are endless threads about the T608.
    According to reports I've read, the T608 hasn't been nixed, but will only be offerred through select channels (i.e. online) and probalby not through Sprint stores. There also probalby will be a limited number of devices as well. Furthermore regarding BT and teh Treo 600: there are a couple companies, Sandisk and Hagiwara, which are reportedly working on OS 5 compatible BT cards. Both these cards are slated for release sometime this year, but predictably their release deadlines have slipped...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions