1.    #1  
    My wireless keeps turning off by itself. I turn it on by holding the power button and i hear the wireless turning on sound. Then it says network search. 10 sec later i hear the wireless turning off sound, and the phone says wireless mode off.

this started about 2 weeks ago but it only happened in low signal areas, now it is happening everywhere. i can't even turn on my wireless mode now.

also for the last 2 weeks my wireless has been acting very strangely.

the LED would blink red sometimes even when i had 4 bars of signal and could call out. once it even stayed on the dialing screen for an entire 45 min phone call. and in the phone log it says the call lasted for 0 min 0 sec.

help!
    I thought I was going crazy but I had the SAME problem start up over just the past few weeks. It's pretty comical sometimes. The wireless mode turns itself off and then I turn it back on and then it turns itself back off again. Sometimes it just goes on like that for awhile. I've found that a soft reset helps the problem.

The only thing different over the last few weeks is that I upgraded from Action Names to the new version Agendus. I've found a few things in it that crashes my Treo but I wouldn't think it would turn the wireless mode off. Other than that the only other thing different is that I am now running under 1 MB of free memory. I have a Treo 270, am on T-mobile's network and live in Philadelphia. Do we have anything in common?

Bob
  3.    #3  
    it's the same problem. and a soft reset does help for a while but then the problem starts back up after a day or if i go into a low service area.

i have gotten no new software in the last month. and don't have action names or agendus. i am on t-mobile, have 12 mb free, and am currently in california.

it has to be a hardware problem and i am out of warrenty. i don't feel like paying $150 for a repair. especially when the new 600 is coming out soon.
    Have you tried a new SIM card?
    I had a similar prob w/Cingular a while back and thought it was the phone. HS sent me a replacement that experienced the same behavior. I stopped at a Cingular shop and picked up a new SIM card and never had that prob since.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    <sorry I'm on crack, I didn't read the post and responded to a question that didn't exist>
    I am out of warranty as well. How much does a new SIM card cost? I wouldn't want to pay a lot of money and then just find out it was something else. I too am waiting for the 600 but plan on jumping to Sprint.
  7.    #7  
    i just called t-mobile. they said that i have to go into a t-mobile store location to make sure it is a malfunctioning sim card before they can issue a new one. they also said that the price of new sim cards depends on the store you go to but starts at $15 and can go up from there.

Originally posted by Bob-C
    I am out of warranty as well. How much does a new SIM card cost? I wouldn't want to pay a lot of money and then just find out it was something else. I too am waiting for the 600 but plan on jumping to Sprint.
    At the time, Cingular wanted to charge me $25 bucks for a SIM and I told them "over my dead body!"
    If I was gonna use a phone on their network that I had a 1 year contract with, damned if I was gonna pay $25 to make the phone work! "No problem sir.....and they credited my acct $25.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    You might want to consider replacing your SIM door. My 180 has stopped dropping connection since I put a tight piece of tape on it. Its ugly, but effective until Handspring sends me another door. I got mine free under warranty. they wanted to charge me $6.95 for shipping, but finally agreed to waive it since its been less than 90 days that I've owned the thing!
    That is all
    Originally posted by rsmeade
    You might want to consider replacing your SIM door. My 180 has stopped dropping connection since I put a tight piece of tape on it.
    Yes, I experienced the same with my 180g. Pressing and releasing of the sim door leads to network loss. Unfortunately it is not easy to reproduce.
    However, it was not a good idea of HS to place the sim card holder to the door instead to the device....
    FYI - I called Handspring support and they sent me version 2 of the SIM door for my 180 - no dropped calls or connections since I put it in. It appears to be a better, tighter design. They will probably charge you $6.95 or so shipping, but they waived it for me since it was within 90 days of purchase since it went bad.
    That is all