1.    #1  
    Hello, as it says on the title, i want to know if I want to view a site that wasn't mobile enabled; what can i do?

I also want to know, i want to use the Ebay site, but apparently, their mobile site can only view the item title, which is not useful for me, how can i make them able to view a picture etc on my treo 270?
    thank you soo much I desperately need to know that.

Originally posted by xterra888
    Hello, as it says on the title, i want to know if I want to view a site that wasn't mobile enabled; what can i do?

I also want to know, i want to use the Ebay site, but apparently, their mobile site can only view the item title, which is not useful for me, how can i make them able to view a picture etc on my treo 270?
    thank you soo much I desperately need to know that.

You are supposed to be able to view any web site with Blazer, except those that use javascript (or other scripting languages), activeX, Java applets, etc. So the answer to your question is to try the web site and see if it comes up.

There are other browsers that you can try which may be more successful with some sites than Blazer. But the reverse is true as well. It all depends on the site in question.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for such quick reply!

If I view a page with heavy grahics, do I need to clear up my cache so i have more memory or ?

Is there a link that I can find with all the "pda enabled page"?

What about ebay? everytime I press in "ebay.com" it become the pda version, which don't allow me to view any deatils of the item. how can i make it work?
    thank you so much again.
    Thank you for such quick reply!

If I view a page with heavy grahics, do I need to clear up my cache so i have more memory or ?

Is there a link that I can find with all the "pda enabled page"?

What about ebay? everytime I press in "ebay.com" it become the pda version, which don't allow me to view any deatils of the item. how can i make it work?
    thank you so much again.
    No, you don't need to clear your cache. Just go to the site you want.

There have been a lot of discussion here on ebay and mobile sites. Some people have collected lists of them. Search this discussion board and you'll find a lot of info. I have one bookmark of a list of mobile sites but I have been Treo-less for the past 2 weeks. Will be able to give more information at the end of the week if you haven't found anything by then.
    here's one to get you going
    http://pdaportal.us
  6.    #6  
    that site is very useful. thanks
    but my question remain is how can i view EBAY page?
    everytime i enter ebay.com it automatically go to the ebay pda site. I do not understand why.
    that site is very useful. thanks
    but my question remain is how can i view EBAY page?
    everytime i enter ebay.com it automatically go to the ebay pda site. I do not understand why.
    Some websites are designed for specific browsers, ie Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera, etc. When you load a webpage, the page can actually tell which browser you're using, and depending on how the page was written, sometimes displays for what it thinks is the best for that browser. I'm just taking a guess, but I would assume Ebay can see that you're using Blazer, or at least some mobile browser that's not equipped to handle Javascript so it reroutes you to the mobile page because it thinks it'd be more effective. I would try different browsers to see if you can get it to work such as Eudora and Xino. Since Xino can supposedly handle Javascript (I've never tried it), you might have more success with that.
    I have just downloaded XIINO and is trying it right now, here are some prelim findings:

Hotmail.com: still does work.
    eBay.com: Turned off images, I am able to download and BID! yes, I am able to bid succesfully. Downloads are slow.
    T-Mobile.com: does not work, worse even if you turned off the images.

I am using Treo 180 with GPRS.

Good Luck
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/27/2003 at 06:24 PM.
    Here's a really big PDA Portal PDAPortal.DE (don't worry for the English speakers out there - it is in English).

For Ebay, I believe it has it's own PQA (If you're not sure how to use web clipping, do a search... there are plenty of threads).
    Last edited by nzmoko; 07/28/2003 at 10:20 PM.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by nzmoko
    Here's a really big PDA Portal PDAPortal.DE (don't worry for the English speakers out there - it is in English).

For Ebay, I believe it has it's own PQA (If you're not sure how to use web clipping, do a search... there are plenty of threads).
    Can you bid using PQA?