Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Trying to find anyone who has a Treo and can synch to Groupwise for email and calendar.
    Last edited by hanson; 07/18/2003 at 02:55 PM.
    IntelliSync can sync with Groupwise. Its a classic old conduit for such things.

If you have the webmail module installed on your Novell boxen, then use that if you need up-to-the-minute information. It will detect Blazer automaticly and serve some nice HTML you.

Least it did where I worked. We had Netware 5 with the comparable GroupWise setup.
    -- Go Illini!
    Simply use TreoMail, SnapperMail or any other email client to access your email in GroupWise using POP3. Assuming its activated at your site, GroupWise supports POP3 access. Talk to your system administrator.
    I prefer the Webmail / Blazer approach personally. If you are looking to sync your Treo and GroupWise we have had pretty good success with SyncWise Pro from Toffa.Toffa International
    GroupWise WebAccess doesn't work well for me, given that Blazer doesn't handle frames very well. How do you get around this?
    Originally posted by gkirsch
    GroupWise WebAccess doesn't work well for me, given that Blazer doesn't handle frames very well. How do you get around this?
    When I use Blazer to access Groupwise, I enter the following URL, and it shows me a wireless (and frameless) version of the Groupwise webacesss server:

http://gw.yourcompany.com/servlet/webacc

Try this latter URL (with your company's name in place of "yourcompany" indicated above) in Blazer and see if you pull up the wireless version of the server.

If available, another great option (which I actually prefer) is to download and install your company's Groupwise PQA--a separate wireless Palm application used just to access your company's Groupwise server (read other threads to learn about PQAs). Each company's Groupwise PQA is different because it points to a different webacess server. I think that when a Groupwise server is created, a PQA file is also automatically created and deposited on the company's Groupwise server.

So to find out if your company has a Groupwise PQA available, try looking on your company's Groupwise webserver to see if the file is there:

http://gw.yourcompany.com/com/novell/webaccess/palm/en/

or for the direct file:

http://gw.yourcompany.com/com/novell.../GroupWise.pqa

My company had it available. I'm pretty sure it was created automatically when the IT people installed the Groupwise server, because they seem surprised when I showed it to them running on my Treo! :-)

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

PS: Anybody else access Groupwise from their Treo differently?
    I get to our GW servers via pop 3 and snapper mail. This works for me, but your links workek for me, which surprised me.

I would give the PQA a try, but I don't have PQA support on my treo.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Here's a couple of other options for Groupwise.

1) Upgrade Groupwise GWIA/Webaccess to 6.5, it's much better on small format browsers.

2) Use the groupwise PQA, it's fast as lightning and looks great.

3) Download the Syncronis Client from www.nexic.com it's a groupwise client for the Palm, full integration including address books. Gives the advantage of offline access and works in online mode also.

4) Try NotifyLink from www.notifycorp.com full over the wire sync and a groupwise client for the palm, requires monthly service fees and doesn't cradle sync like the nexic client.

As you can tell, I've used groupwise for a LONG time, and actually just left Novell in January.

Good luck and drop me a line if you need any more info.
    My firm currently has GroupWise 5.5 (with Enhancement Pack) installed. We haven't upgraded to 6.0 ot 6.5, as we will probably migrate to Exchange/Outlook (!) at some point.

I don't see the GroupWise.pqa file at the location mentioned above. In fact, I don't see a Palm directory either.

Do you know whether PQAs are supported in my current environment (GW 5.5)?
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    If you are still running GW 5.5EP then you will have to use Nexic or Notifylink. PQA support was added in GW 6.0 with WAP support added in 6.0 SP1.

If the company had upgrade protection when 6.0 Shipped (March 2001?) then they can use the 6.0 GWIA/Webaccess features in conjunction with 5.5EP to offer enhanced webaccess and the PQA you need.

They don't need to rollout 6.0 across the entire system, just to add the enhanced web pieces.
    Okay, I downloaded the web clippings libraries and the pqa for my work server, but I get access forbidden (403).

Anyone have a clue why I would be getting this error message?
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I've seen that error message if the proxy server address is wrong.

Try the preferences menu, wireless, Proxy.
    The address that works for me is 63.97.179.31 That's a palm developer proxy that changes every year or so, but the new address is usually published in advance.

Good Luck.
    Originally posted by jberger
    Here's a couple of other options for Groupwise.

3) Download the Syncronis Client from www.nexic.com it's a groupwise client for the Palm, full integration including address books. Gives the advantage of offline access and works in online mode also.
    Thanks for the tip - I looked over the Syncronis Client documentation on their website. I still have a question though - If I don't want to download the Groupwise messages off the server (ala POP) but instead just want to view them online (like the Groupwise PQA) can the Syncronis Client do this?
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I'm think the online mode made it into the shipping version.
    But I'm not 100% certain.

The eval download is fully functional so give it a shot and let us know.
    Originally posted by jberger
    I've seen that error message if the proxy server address is wrong.

Try the preferences menu, wireless, Proxy.
    The address that works for me is 63.97.179.31 That's a palm developer proxy that changes every year or so, but the new address is usually published in advance.

Good Luck.
    jberger,

that is the ip in the wireless app.

:-(

could it be that we use 128 bit encryption? I can't reach the web access with blazer either.
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Does webclipping work for other sites?

If so, I'd say that webaccess is not correctly configured on the backend, if the proxy IP is correct.

Try other webclipping apps and let me know, that will help troubleshoot the problem.
    Kraft foods and the weather channel PQA work.

Felipe
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Hmmm,
    then it must be a configuration issue on the GWIA/Webaccess server. See if you're email guys will make sure they are using at least sp1 of GW and see if they will recompile the PQA for you. You might have an updated server with the old PQA file.
    with the treo 600, i can now log only out groupwise web page. we use 128 bit encryption.

we use sp1 of gw6.5, it seems that it renders the pages differently to fit the treo.

Only negative, I cant seem to reply to messages.

At lunch I showed our GW admin, she liked it.

While showing it to her, I was amazed that I went to the page, logged on, went to the inbox and opened an email without even touching the stylus.
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Not being able to reply was a problem with the original PQA for GWise.

Ask your admin to recompile the PQA and the new version should work for reply.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast