Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quite honestly, I never use the PQA. The "simple" templates (which Blazer will give you by default) are much better than the PQA and give you increased functionality in WebAccess.

Here are some various ramblings about Palms and GroupWise.

I will admit that I use a lot of "stuff" being an email consultant, but here's what I use:

Calendar/ToDo - Intellisync
    Address Book - Nexic Synchronis

Email - I use WebAccess through Blazer if there is something I need to get to that I don't typically sync via IMAP. Otherwise I use VersaMail so that I have a local copy of mail that I need - have a few folders that I sync to the Treo (I have over 20000 items in my "email" in various folders, so trying to get it all is ridiculous <g>).

I have tried Tobit's SyncWise Enterprise, and it's not bad - but needs some work. It is "wireless" sync and will update calendar, todos, address book and mail. It needs a separate SyncML client for the Palm to work right now.

I have tried Nexic's GroupWise client for the Palm. It's pretty cool - familiar GW interface, etc., but until it goes wireless (the WinCE version will be first to go wireless - Palm maybe by sometime next year) it's only good as a "desktop conduit sync". Also, since the Nexic GroupWise client doesn't use the native Palm calendar it's not currently "searchable" with the Palm find function - Nexic is working on that.

There is also NotifyLink for GroupWise, and it's very good, but requires IIS for the web server to interface with GW, and I've told them flat out until it gets ported to Apache most of my GroupWise customer sites won't touch it.

In general, I can live without calendar/address book sync "live" because I don't do scheduled appointments much, and I'm the only person to mess with my address book. So, using a conduit sync is fine there. If you need real time calendaring, then NotifyLink or SyncWise is the way to go.

If all you need is semi-realtime email, then VersaMail on an automatic fetch is going to be sufficient. 15 minutes is the minimum VersaMail will let you auto-fetch, and for most cases this will be okay. You can always mangually get your mail if you are expecting something important I guess and can't wait 15 minutes. Basejet is looking pretty good, but it is dropping some messages right now, and I don't know if that's a GW issue or Basejet - we are working on it.

Danita
    There are several of us with Treo 600s with both Sprint and ATT service.

We use sp1 of gw6.5 and we get an error message whenever we try to open the webaccess site or launch the pqa application; therefore, we are unable to use GW with the Treo 600.

Anybody have any ideas or have a similar problem?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by kavaliauskas
    We use sp1 of gw6.5 and we get an error message whenever we try to open the webaccess site or launch the pqa application; therefore, we are unable to use GW with the Treo 600.
    Can you tell me what error you get? I use my Treo 600 against GW6.5 SP1 and have no issues at all.

Do you know if you are accessing via SSL?

Danita
    When trying to use the webaccess at the following address-

https://webmail.xxxxx.xxx.com/com/no...m/en/index.htm

I get a pop-up saying Data Timeout- The page download could not be completed. Please try again later.

In regards to the PQA. I don't think the OS5 on the Treo600 supports webclipping. Do you have yours working? I get an error stating This applicaiton is incompatible with this version of Palm OS. (3402) [Clipper]

Thanks again for your help!
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    The PQA is really just a prepackaged "bundle" with a URL in it - you should n't need to use it, and in fact, the WebClip templates for your site aren't as "good" as the simple templates that you would get if you just hit your mail server normally.

Try this:

https://webmail.xxxxx.xxx.com/servlet/webacc

as the URL and see if you get a login page. I'm not sure why you are going to the URL you posted, but it isn't how I would tell someone to get to GW WebAccess. That's the URL probably to get to the PQA to download.

Danita
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    P.S. if you are using a Novell certificate and not a "publically trusted" certificate like from Verisign, you will get a notice that it's not a trusted cert - just click that you accept it.

Danita
    I get the error from both urls. The other one I provided is a wap palm friendly interface. You should try it on your system. I'm sure you would like it.

I'm still out of luck... let me know if you think of anything else.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I've used the PQA - but I prefer the simple templates for functionality.

Why don't you private message me the real URL you are talking about if you don't want to post it here and I'll see if I can figure it out for you.

Danita
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12