Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Could someone please go to this page:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/detect.html

and copy the user Agent string to post it here please?

I'd like to be able to browse the pocketpcthoughts mobile forums and they need the UA String for Blazer to add it to the sniffer.

Much appreciated.
    I don't know what you expect from this link. I only see lots of text about how to interpret a string not the actual browser string reported.

On a more helpful note, when I go to my own website, I see a browser string of "UPG1 UP/4.0 (compatible; Blazer 1.0)"

How do you get to the mobile forums on PPC Thoughts? I see the mobile site but no links to the forums from there?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    When you become a subscriber, you get access to them.

The first line in the "Variables" section of that site spits out the UA String.

When I view it in Firebird it shows:

navigator.userAgent = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4a) Gecko/20030320 Phoenix/0.5

When I change my UA string to IE 6 it shows:

navigator.userAgent = Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4a)

Just check that line for me.
    Sorry, but I don't understand what's preventing you from checking that yourself.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Originally posted by silverado
    Sorry, but I don't understand what's preventing you from checking that yourself.
    The lack of a Treo for one.
    there is a page at zytrax.com that lists some mobile user agent strings. Blazer us amongst them and so is Eudora, AvantGo...

andreas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    Originally posted by subtex

The lack of a Treo for one.
    But if you lack a Treo, how are you going to browse these forums with a Treo?
    some browsers (eg Konqueror) allow to set the User Agent manually. If you know the UA string of Blazer you can pretend to surf the web via Blazer but really you're sitting in front of your PC using Konqueror...

andreas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Originally posted by silverado

But if you lack a Treo, how are you going to browse these forums with a Treo?
    Well, I may be getting the Treo 300 soon. If not that, for sure the 600 will be mine.

I'd like to know that the forums will be available to me when I do get it.

I wouldn't ask people to do me a favor if I could do it myself, you know. I was just asking if someone could help me out. That's all.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Originally posted by treopolis
    some browsers (eg Konqueror) allow to set the User Agent manually. If you know the UA string of Blazer you can pretend to surf the web via Blazer but really you're sitting in front of your PC using Konqueror
    Yeah, I do that all the time when I use Phoenix/Firebird on my desktop for when people have stupid sniffers for IE browsers only. Works great.

This is why I need that string for Blazer so I can get that info to the admins at PPC Thoughts to grant mobile access to Treos.
    As I said above the string is "UPG1 UP/4.0 (compatible; Blazer 1.0)"

I wouldn't ask people to do me a favor if I could do it myself, you know. I was just asking if someone could help me out. That's all.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Originally posted by bcaslis
    As I said above the string is "UPG1 UP/4.0 (compatible; Blazer 1.0)"
    I must be blind, since I missed you posting that before.

Sorry to prolong this thread since you answered right away!

Thanks for the info.

Well, I may be getting the Treo 300 soon. If not that, for sure the 600 will be mine.

I'd like to know that the forums will be available to me when I do get it.

And I was just curious, that's all