Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This Nextel question has really bugged me and I just got back from Nextel's website. They use a proprietary technology standard developed by Motorola known as iDEN (integrated Digital Enhanced Network) ... whatever that is! Apparently this is a packet based platform that allows their devices to seamlessly utilize GSM worldwide roaming. This information makes me suspect that they are indeed more closely related to the TDMA standard.

Just for curiousity sake, can someone who knows much more about this confirm?

Thanks.

-THP
    Last edited by Nautilus Man; 09/08/2003 at 04:34 AM.
    Think First, ask questions later!
    Originally posted by Nautilus Man
    This Nextel question has really bugged me and I just got back from Nextel's website. They use a proprietary technology standard developed by Motorola known as iDEN (integrated Digital Enhanced Network) ... whatever that is! Apparently this is a packet based platform that allows their devices to seamlessly utilize GSM worldwide roaming. This information makes me suspect that they are indeed more closely related to the TDMA standard.

Just for curiousity sake, can someone who knows much more about this confirm?

Thanks.

-THP
    I only know one person who has a Nextel phone and when I played with it once it had a SIM card!! I placed it in my 270 and no network was found and vice versa, but I didn't pursue it any further. I am still not in the mood to research this but I'd appreciate some information from someone who knows.
    HI THE PROB WITH AT & T IS THEIR support people need a little work as in they do not know too much, one never heard of manhatten? as in nyc, scary huh? take care, jay
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12