I'm trying to find anyone who is successfully using GPRS with their Treo on a Pay As You Go tariff in the UK. I bought a 150 Treo 180 from dabs.com, and an O2 SIM quite recently, but would be happy to change if I could guarantee GPRS worked.

Currently, I can log on (sometimes), using some settings scrounged from around the Net plus a lot of trial and error, but no apps work.

Please comment here saying which tariff you are on and which company you are with, if you have GPRS working on a PAYG tariff in the UK.

Many thanks,

Gerv
    Originally posted by gerv
    I'm trying to find anyone who is successfully using GPRS with their Treo on a Pay As You Go tariff in the UK. I bought a 150 Treo 180 from dabs.com, and an O2 SIM quite recently, but would be happy to change if I could guarantee GPRS worked.

Currently, I can log on (sometimes), using some settings scrounged from around the Net plus a lot of trial and error, but no apps work.

Please comment here saying which tariff you are on and which company you are with, if you have GPRS working on a PAYG tariff in the UK.

Many thanks,

Gerv
    Vodafone works, but it is very expensive (you can look up their PAYG tariff on their web site). I ended up using GPRS very sparingly and using dialup when I had to move large chunks of data. Go figure, but that was actually cheaper. I do NOT have my Treo anymore since it was just stolen (see my other posting), so I will give you the setting from memory :

I believe the settings are as follows:

user: web
    password: web
    APN: pp.vodafone.co.uk
    connection type: GPRS

Leave everything else as default.

BTW, the dialup I used was an ISDN dialup setting that appeared automatically on the treo can was called vodafone.net.

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Many thanks,

Gerv
    Like you, I bought a 180 from Dabs. I'm using an Orange Just Talk sim which gives me pay as you GPRS at 4/Mb.

Hope this helps,

Just
    spoke to a call centre rep who said it was coming. She couldn't give a date though.
    user: web
    password: web

I have a Treo 650 connected to Vodafone UK PAYG, settings are close to above but NOT the same;

user: wap
    password: wap