1.    #1  
    For the last couple of days, I've been having sporadic ringer problems, almost as if the mechanical ringer on/off switch on top of the phone had faulty contacts. Sometimes my phone doesn't ring when someone calls me, and sometimes it does. I changed my ringer prefs to include a vibration when the ringer is on, which consistently works (it always at least vibrates when I get a call, but it doesn't consistently ring).

I've installed no new software, I haven't droppped it, and it has been performing like a champ since I got it eight months ago. I love this thing, and this would qualify as my first problem with it.

Anybody have anything similar happen to a Treo 300?
    caioti
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Have you had any luck figuring out the problem? This has recently started happening to me too. All other sounds work fine (including the preview when changing the ringer in the prefs), but it just won't ring when I receive a call.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I noticed something when I was testing it out by calling myself - it rings only when the lid is open! If I call and the lid is closed, it only vibrates. Help?!
  4.    #4  
    I finally had a more major problem (a coincidence) and had to get my unit replaced -- but I did notice that certain numbers that I'd put on speed dial buttons had the "enable unique ring" box checked (something I don't remember ever selecting on purpose), and I suppose it would be worth checking for that, in case the unique ring had a much lower volume or something like that.

I'm not sure about the lid-open issue, mainly because you shouldn't really be able to get through to yourself if you're busy making a call, if you know what I mean... so it might be more of an error-notifier than a true ring, in that case.
    caioti
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Originally posted by caioti
    I'm not sure about the lid-open issue, mainly because you shouldn't really be able to get through to yourself if you're busy making a call, if you know what I mean... so it might be more of an error-notifier than a true ring, in that case.
    What I meant by calling myself is that I would call my Treo from another phone... but anyway, maybe I should see if I can get my Treo replaced or wait for the 600. Doesn't seem like anyone else is having this problem.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I had the same problem, but accompanied with handset speaker problems as well. (I couldn't hear callers at all.) I took mine back to a Sprint store for "diagnostic testing"--which simply consisted of a Sprint tech reproducing the problem--and received a warranty replacement. This has happened twice so far.
    My Treo 300 showed exactly the same symptoms. It happens when the speakerphone pair of wires that passes through the hinge gets strained. Take a look at a recent thread posted under my user name, which describes the problem and also how I fixed it. My 1-year guarantee was over, so I decided to fix it myself. It is working perfectly now.