1.    #1  
    My wife always tells me no one has ever heard of a Treo when she talks to people about mine.

Yesterday I was at work and showed it around. They stared wide-eyed in wonder. Even my 180 impressed the hell out of them - they had never heard of it or seen anything like it before.

My coworkers in the MIS department were also impressed and these guys work on COMPUTERS.

Ok, my wife's right - Palm needs to work on marketing. If people don't know about it, they won't buy it. Granted, a $500-600 Treo 600 isn't for everyone, but the deals on the other models will spark some sales.

And after doing research on what's available, I've decided to recommend Treos for work. The CIO loves his Palm V, so it's not exactly a hard sell.
    I live in SF, and even my fellow geeks are fascinated by my Treo, always wanting to play with it, dialup a Web site, and so on.

In fact, several of my friends who HAVE Web sites have asked excitedly, "Hey, can your phone access MY Web site?" It's pretty funny
    That really impresses them in my experience.
    --invention is the mother of necessity
    Is there any data out on how many people own treos and treo like devices that are able to access the mobile internet? I ask as someone that is considering converting websites to mobile friendly resolutions. It's a lot of work, and sometimes, I'm afraid I'd be the only one using the sites if I did it though.
    There's me. Isn't that enough?
    The comments in this thread are a great example of why Handspring's decision to move away from "retail sales" to "service provider" sales is the key to the Treo's success.

Quite often, people don't know about the Treo because it's not offered by their cell phone company. I think that history has shown that most people don't go to a computer store to buy a cell phone.

Hopefully, since there is not any exclusivity on the Treo 600, more consumers will get a chance to buy it regardless if it's offered by AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Cingular, etc.