1.    #1  
    I am using Treo 270 and lately having problem where it lost the signal (LED turned to blinking red) - most of times I was unaware of this - therefore I could not receive any call/sms, until I saw the blinking red LED, then I have to turn off and on again the radio.

I am sure it is not "out of coverage" problem as it happened when I left the Treo on my desk, I was not on the move.

Anyone experienced the same problem? What is the solution?
    This sometimes happens to my 270 when I'm in a marginal signal area. I would suggest either trying somewhere else (like even a few feet different).. or maybe try treohelper to retry the phone connection whenit is dropped.. (look in the communication forum for dicussion of treohelper.) It is also available at http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/
    Originally posted by ryker
    I am using Treo 270 and lately having problem where it lost the signal (LED turned to blinking red) - most of times I was unaware of this - therefore I could not receive any call/sms, until I saw the blinking red LED, then I have to turn off and on again the radio.

I am sure it is not "out of coverage" problem as it happened when I left the Treo on my desk, I was not on the move.

Anyone experienced the same problem? What is the solution?
    You might have a bad SIM card. I had similar problem a while back when I first got my 270. Replaced the SIM card and never had that problem since. Does the radio turn off by itself or just go to "no service"?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  4.    #4  
    I've changed SIM card yesterday and Treo unit last week but today it still happened .. The radio just went to no service ..

I suspect it's the network problem .. will try TreoHelper later ..
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    gprs 1.1.2
    Last edited by Draugen; 07/01/2003 at 09:33 AM.
  6.    #6  
    I solved the problem ..

Go to your Ponebook application then look under Options menu, choose Phoneinfo, check if your Product Rev, if it is GPRS 1.1 then upgrade to GPRS 1.1.1 (download the upgrader from Handspring website)

Now my Treo doesn't have this problem anymore ..
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Mine has GPRS Ver.1.1.2.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    gprs 1.1.1
    Last edited by Draugen; 07/01/2003 at 09:32 AM.
    Well, have a 270 with GPRS 1.1.1. (replacement for a faulty with non-GPRS software) and it turns red LED with SOS calls only from time to time, asing for PIN number to reconnect.
    Not sure how to fix it.
    Yeah, I too have upgraded to 1.1.2 and still my Treo goes to 'No Service' although less frequently as before. Can this be categorized as hardware problem so that I can have it replaced?

I'm thinking of changing my SIM too but how come if I use my SIM in my old celfone it works just fine?
    You might want to consider replacing your SIM door. My 180 has stopped dropping calls since I put a tight piece of tape on it. Its ugly, but effective until Handspring sends me another door. I got mine free under warranty. They wanted to charge me $6.95 for shipping, but finally agreed to waive it since it's been less than 90 days that I've owned the thing!
    That is all
    I had my 270 replaced a month ago because of a faulty backlit. The replacement has been causing me problems ever since I put the SIM card in. Lost connections and 2 out of 3 calls it freezes and I have to do a soft reset. Renders it useless as a phone.

Even worse, if often decides for me that the soft reset should be really be a hard reset, wiping all apps and data.

I've upgraded from 1.1 to 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, nothing helped.

Returned it to A-NOVO (Handspring's support partner in Europe) this morning....
    Wow rsmeade -

Thanks for the info on the SIM door - that lead me into the right direction to fix my signal problems - although my door wasn't broken - I just raised the metal piece that sits underneath the SIM so that it would put more pressure on the SIM against the contacts - and that worked.

THANKS!!!!