1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to activate Tmobile's accelerator for their treo? I've bee trying to access the webpage http://getmorespeed.t-mobile.com/ but can't get to it either on my treo or my computer. No one at Tmobile or Handspring seems to know what's going on. In fact, they both have said downright incorrect things, e.g. like the treo can't access wap sites (tmobile told me that).

For those who don't know the accelerator is basically a compression scheme to speed up transfers. It's mentioned at both the Tmobile as well as Handspring websites.

So, a couple of questions:

1. Has anyone been able to activate Tmobile's accelerator?

2. If yes, then how did you do it?

3. Finally, how much of a difference did it make? What transfer speeds are you getting now?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I just posted to the US GSM thread. Used to use getmorespeed all the time with my 270 and PDAnet. Now it's useless. Customer service told me they don't support this use of the treo. Seems like a contract violation to me. Can anyone out there say "class action"?
    Bring up the menu in the Web application. Goto Options -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Set Proxy

Check the Use Proxy box. Un the Proxy Server put getmorespeed.t-mobile.com, Port 8080.

This brings up the PDA settings screen when connecting the first time.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    for browsing the web using the treo with blazer:
    when I set the blazer proxy to getmorespeed.t-mobile.com, I find I can't access the settings page using blazer -- msg: page not available

for browsing the web on my laptop using pda net and my laptop's browser:
    I get the settings page, but activating the accelerator seems to have no effect.

anxiously awaiting wisdom...