1.    #1  
    This Washington Post article reviews the Kyocera 7135 and the Samsung SPH-i700 (both actually out there and have been in use) and finds the Treo to be still the best convergence device.
    Wow, that's an extremely positive article. It doesn't say the Treo is the best device and every one should stop trying, but it says over and over again all attempts to best it thus far have been laughable.
    It is very good. I am not a very savey computer person, but I use treo 300 with great success and pleasure. All phone numbers from outlook in there. Think of last two phones and putting them in by fingers on telephone pad and only 100 of them. To get 2000 in in just a few minutes sink was worth the price of 300 alone. Then there is e mail. It works. I get my pop3 e mail all the time. It is very useful around town and when travelling from city to city. Then the internet. Then $90 a month for two phones and 2000 any time minutes plus unlimited e mail and internet.

This is really a great phone/email/internet device. I don't use the calendar, still prefer the paper one, but the other stuff in great.

Now is someone will just market the thing.

Cheers.
    Originally posted by vitb9doc

I don't use the calendar, still prefer the paper one.
    You will be converted. Come over to the dark side.
    Yeah, Rob Pegoraro is a real Palmie head. He almost always writes positively about PalmOS pda when compared to PPC devices. That being said, it's still nice to see positive Treo coverage...
    Originally posted by silverado
    This Washington Post article reviews the Kyocera 7135 and the Samsung SPH-i700 (both actually out there and have been in use) and finds the Treo to be still the best convergence device.
    shh, don't tell the users over at smartphonesource.com. They still in a tizzy over walts comments.

:-)
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I don't use the calendar, still prefer the paper one, but the other stuff in great.

the calendar is the killer app for me, without a doubt. i use yahoo's online calendar and sync it with my treo via yahoo's intellisync.

now i have the same info at home, work, and on the go, all in sync, and yahoo sends me 2 reminder emails for each event.

aaahhhh.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by silverado
    ...and finds the Treo to be still the best convergence device.
    I Like Rob and Walt a lot, but neither needed telling me how good the Treo is for experience is gold. Nevertheless, it's fun to have my experience confirmed by such enjoyable writers
    m00se
    Last edited by m00se; 06/19/2003 at 11:43 AM.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    My point on not using calendar is without using it, the Treo is a wonderful time saver and help to me on a daily basis. Can't figure out why all palm users haven't bought.

Nice Mossberg column in today WSJ. Praises Snapper mail that I guess I should start to use--using Treo Mail and Mossberg gives initial praise to Treo 600 and tells that Sprint will soon have clip on battery that will extend battery life for Tree 300.

Cheers.
    My point on not using calendar is without using it, the Treo is a wonderful time saver and help to me on a daily basis. Can't figure out why all palm users haven't bought.

Nice Mossberg column in today WSJ. Praises Snapper mail that I guess I should start to use--using Treo Mail and Mossberg gives initial praise to Treo 600 and tells that Sprint will soon have clip on battery that will extend battery life for Tree 300.

Cheers.
    Mossberg has turned in to quite the Treo supporter. He's now detailing software for it and telling everyone he carries a Treo 300 around with him every day. Cool!

On a side note, I bet the recent Snappermail pricing changes were in anticipation of the WSJ article. They wanted to remove the life-time upgrade before too many people took advantage of it.
    I completely agree that the current Treo is still the best convergence device out there, but in a way that's kind of sad. I'm seeing more and more smartphones being released, each with some interesting gee-whiz features that the Treo doesn't have, but all failing in the basic "zen" aspects of integrating it all well. What's sad is that, IMO, the Treo could be improved in this sense as well but no one else has even approached the old/current Treo in this respect. The new Treo 600 looks to take it to the next level in some respects (the D-Pad and integrating its functionality in the core apps being a huge piece of this), but there are other things I'd like to see as well. Everyone else is still focusing on just slapping together "features" without regard for overall integration and usability. The Nokia 3650 might do well in this regard (I haven't used one long enough to get a feel for overall integration and usability) and from what I've seen, the Danger platform has done a very good job in this regard (perhaps better than the Treo in many respects), but for Palm OS or PPC devices, the integration and usability has been pretty poor in comparison to the Treo.

Getting back to my initial point, though...I don't see this as something to be happy about, unless you work for Handspring or own stock in the company. I mean, you guys do want the competition to get better, don't you? Personally, I'd like to have a lot of different excellent options available, instead of just a lot of different half-baked options.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Originally posted by Scott R
    Getting back to my initial point, though...I don't see this as something to be happy about, unless you work for Handspring or own stock in the company. I mean, you guys do want the competition to get better, don't you? Personally, I'd like to have a lot of different excellent options available, instead of just a lot of different half-baked options.

Scott
    So you're saying you have no good feelings when someone compliments you on something of yours? If someone says "hey nice car" or "hey, your daughter is smart" or "hey, you live in a town *so* much better than Farmington, the only thing you think of is "yeah, well if all those other options were better maybe I wouldn't...."
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    So you're saying you have no good feelings when someone compliments you on something of yours? If someone says "hey nice car" or "hey, your daughter is smart" or "hey, you live in a town *so* much better than Farmington, the only thing you think of is "yeah, well if all those other options were better maybe I wouldn't...."
    Again, I like my Treo 300. I also think it has gotten a bad rap from a lot of people in the geek community who have no real experience with it but discredit it and point to the relatively poor sales figures (which I attribute mainly to the initial high cost). I've corrected ignorant comments in such high-flame zones as pocketpcthoughts.com, but if a new device comes out that better meets my needs, no matter what operating system it runs or who makes it, I'll switch. OTOH, I wouldn't trade my daughter in for anyone else. Hopefully, we can all make the proper distinction between those things that we should be loyal to and those things that we needn't be.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Amen.
    Originally posted by Scott R
    But if a new device comes out that better meets my needs, no matter what operating system it runs or who makes it, I'll switch. OTOH, I wouldn't trade my daughter in for anyone else. Hopefully, we can all make the proper distinction between those things that we should be loyal to and those things that we needn't be.
    Heheh, I wasn't implying you should trade your daughter in or even move to Avon because it's better. I was simply saying your shouldn't feel bad about owning the best device on the market. You should feel good!