1.    #1  
    I am working on a marketing paper on smartphones. I need information on market penetration of smartphones in the US.

1) How many PDAs sold in the US
    2) Out of the PDAs how many are smartphones/Smarthandheld(SHH)
    3) Out of SHH how much is Treo and how much is the rest.

Other data in these lines such as average customer data.

I need this to create a marketing strategy for the SHH.

I cannot afford to buy Gartner and IDC research papers.

if you know any good websites I can quote, please let me know.

raghusankaran@Hotmail.com

Thanks
    Raghu Sankaran
    Search the news archives of Palminfocenter. Brighthand, Pockepcthoughts, infosync etc for this data. These sites often report on Gartner/IDC statistics...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reponse gfunk.

Handspring currently sells Treo270 and Treo300. It sells only the Treo communicators (Smart Hand Helds) and not PDAs. Is this correct. Please verfiy.

I still see Visor and Treo90 products on teh webpage, but it is not sold from their website. I checked and some of the distributors still carry Treo90 on their websites.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=2833

Thanks
    Yeah I think Handspring may still be clearing out old inventory of visors etc. But going forward, they previously had committed to selling only communicators. However, since PalmSG is going to buy Handspring, the new company will be selling both disconnected pda, connected pdas, and convergence devices like the Treo. I also recall reading from the merger press release that the Treo brand would be maintained the future...
  5.    #6  
    Great. Thanks for the help.

I will mention in the paper that Treo 270/300 series and Tungsten W compete in the same space, but since Tungsten works only with ATTWS and Treo does not have any agreement with ATTWS, it might be a good thing

thanks again
    Originally posted by raghusankaran
    Great. Thanks for the help.

I will mention in the paper that Treo 270/300 series and Tungsten W compete in the same space, but since Tungsten works only with ATTWS and Treo does not have any agreement with ATTWS, it might be a good thing

thanks again
    Hate to shoot holes in your little report but.........

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/235-1.htm
    No good deed goes unpunished