Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    The AP is reporting that a federal court ruled that consumers should be allowed to keep their numbers when they switch cellular providers.

    The article goes on to say that the FCC is requiring number portability by Nov. 24th of this year.

    I'm not sure if there are any appeal procedures, if not, then that means number portability around Thanksgiving.

    Cluemeister
  2. #2  
    Hopefully we will start to see better plans as an incentive to stay with a given carrier.
  3. #3  
    The minute this happens it's bye bye to sprint for me!
  4. #4  
    So us T-Mobile users can switch to the Treo 600 with sprint and keep our numbers?
  5. #5  
    Note: All those who feel morally outraged if they don't pay full price should not read the following!

    -------------------------

    hmm... as a Treo300 user, does this mean we can cancel our Sprint accounts, retain our phone numbers and then re-sign new accounts with the same number in order to get new account discounts on mobiles! That would be cool!
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

    hmm... as a Treo300 user, does this mean we can cancel our Sprint accounts, retain our phone numbers and then re-sign new accounts with the same number in order to get new account discounts on mobiles! That would be cool!
    sprint would probably say no. :-)

    you will probably have to go to another carrier first and then go back.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by bigdaddyajay
    So us T-Mobile users can switch to the Treo 600 with sprint and keep our numbers?
    You would seriously want to leave T-Mo for Sprint and give up GSM/GPRS?
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by Alli


    You would seriously want to leave T-Mo for Sprint and give up GSM/GPRS?
    Having used both, I can honestly say that at least in the Houston area, Sprint knocks the socks off T-Mobile. Same goes for the Hartford area of Connecticut as well.
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by Alli


    You would seriously want to leave T-Mo for Sprint and give up GSM/GPRS?
    I would for the unlimed price plan, espeacially if they solve their sms problem.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  10. #10  
    Ya can't speak for the future but...a friend of mine has been with Sprint for 2 years and recently signed another contract and got the Treo for $300, which I believe is the same price as any new Joe off the street. The only difference was he didn't have to pay a new activation fee. He didn't have to pay anything extra, save for adding vision to his account. He had to wait a bit in the store, but that was it. He seemed pretty happy overall.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Having used both, I can honestly say that at least in the Houston area, Sprint knocks the socks off T-Mobile. Same goes for the Hartford area of Connecticut as well.
    OMG -- What ever happened to the flying ham?! I miss him already
    The two reasons I like GSM phones (T-Mo and such) over CDMA phones (Sprint and such), is the SIM card and the fact that you can use these phones almost anywhere in the world...
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by m00se


    OMG -- What ever happened to the flying ham?! I miss him already
    The two reasons I like GSM phones (T-Mo and such) over CDMA phones (Sprint and such), is the SIM card and the fact that you can use these phones almost anywhere in the world...
    Oh, the SIM card thing is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool. But I'm willing to overlook it for a few reasons (the international aspect of it isn't that important to me as I've not gone overseas since I got my first Treo):
    Cheap, fast data.
    Better quality voice.
    Better support (being able to bring busted units to Sprint stores instead of mailing them in and paying $20 for shipping).

    I figured it was time to trade in the flying pig for a two-headed tortoise.

Posting Permissions