1.    #1  
    Hi gang,

I have a brand new Treo 300, and for the first few weeks of use, my stylus fit VERY SNUGLY into that little area that it slides into (whatever that area is called).

But now, it slides out WAY TOO EASILY -- in fact, the simple act of putting my Treo into my jeans pocket is enough to make the stylus slide out, most likely falling on the ground unless I hold the stylus in with my finger as I put the Treo in my pocket.

I also find the stylus sliding out in other circumstances as well -- that little stylus always wants to "pop out" of its spot whenever there's just a little bit of friction against it. So I'm constantly forced to keep my finger on top of the stylus whenever I'm putting the Treo into something -- such as my jeans pocket or a pocket in my bag.

Is anybody else having this problem, or am I the crazy one? Are there any other styluses that might be a few millimeters thicker that would create a more "snug fit"?

Thanks,
    Scott
    i have a combo pen/stylus from styluscentral.com and it fits just right, no sliding out though i still find myself checking it from time to time because of prior problems with other styli (styluses?)
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    HS should take it back if it's only a few weeks old. The stylus issue is a known problem. Get on the HS website and email them. They'll probably send you back an 800 to call. I had the issue with my 90 and they sent me a new unit before I had to send the old one back in.

Kevin
    Here is what some that I know have done:

Wrap some transparent tape around the top of the metal barrel. It makes it snug.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Bill,

Here's another less obvious fix: Inside a adjustable disposable cigarette lighter, there's an "O" ring beneath the mechanism where the flame comes out. If you have an empty lighter, you can remove it in about a minute or two. This O ring fits snugly between your plastic stylus tip and barrel. Tighten the tip until the rubber just protrudes. It will stay in your holder quite nicely.

Kevin
    before i changed to the pen stylus i had mentioned above, i had put a wrap of black electrical tape on the original one, which not only snugged it in the holder but also made a nice sort of cushioned grip. twice around should do it, and not around the whole length, just the width of the tape.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  7.    #7  
    Wow, you guys are incredible. I never even thought of these ideas. Thanks so much for the great input!! Any other ideas are still welcome as well!
    yeah, i was pretty impressed with the 'O ring from the lighter' idea but i don't smoke...
    Yeah, I don't smoke either and risked my life by removing one from a full lighter. But then, I live on the edge. Had 5 cups of Turkish coffee at lunch yesterday. May not have to sleep until Monday.
    i found dropping the unit in a sand box did the trick - now it sounds a bit crunchy sliding out but does fall out any more!!!!!!!!%@$
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Originally posted by spaner
    i found dropping the unit in a sand box did the trick - now it sounds a bit crunchy sliding out but does fall out any more!!!!!!!!%@$
    Hmmm, I don't think I'd recommend that as a fix.