1.    #1  
    Dear all,

I have a problem. Whenever I try to digitize my Treo270, it won't stop! It just kept asking me to tap the stylus here (the top left corner), here (the bottom right corner) and here (the center), then it would politely ask me to tap the stylus here (the top left corner)... and again... and again... and again.

I tried a hard reset. The first screen that popped up was the digitizer, which, you guessed it, led me on the run-around again.

What the hey? What's happening? Can anyone help me?
    If a hard reset wouldn't fix it this is going to be a tough one. I would keep trying a bunch of hard resets, for some reason it's caught in a loop.

If that that doesn't work, i would give it a few lite taps on the sides of the treo,something simple might be jamming it, also i would press all the keys a few times, one might be sticking causing the loop.

If this doesn't work try totally killing (draining) the battery.

Take care
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
    You don't have one of those screen protector sheets on your Treo, do you? Also look for any unusual pressure on your Treo (extra slip on case, bracket) that might be interfering with the digitizer.
  4.    #4  
    the Treo is "bare-naked" the way it is.

Maybe I'll try hard-resetting it a few times.

Also, and this may be related, the Treo seems to be crashing quite a lot now. It seems, and I don't know for sure, but it seems, that everytime it goes out of Cell range, it crashes. "Fatal Exception"

the thing is, I haven't added any software recently. The last time I added a software was several months ago. The crashing and digitizer problems only began a few days ago.
    Mine was crashing also (fatal error) with signal problems caused by 3rd party software even when i deleted it. I got a software download that took out the leftover garbage that remains after you delete a software and that fixed it. here it is (30 day free trial)

http://www.schachar-levin.net/Software/ (preference manager)

Add it in with this for a auto rest if it crashes again (freebie).

http://download.com.com/3000-2363-10...l?tag=lst-0-19

Add on a "Auto turn on after a soft reset" and you don't even know the treo did a soft reset, try this (freebie, haven't try it)
    http://www.clanhobbs.org/treo/Radio_Control.zip

or" treo tools ($9.95)"
    Last edited by HAPPY$BOBBY$; 05/30/2003 at 08:12 PM.
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
    I would take it to your nearest Spring store and tell them that it is POSSESSED and demand a new one. (or a replacement)
    SPRINT store, that is ... (I think that is contagious!!) LOL ...
  8. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I tried a hard reset. The first screen that popped up was the digitizer, which, you guessed it, led me on the run-around again.
    How did you get out of this loop?

I have an old Treo 180 that I accidentially dropped. It still worked fine, except for the digitizer (it didn't recognize any clicks anymore). I hard-reset it (after hotsync'ing) and now it's stuck in the first "recalibrate digitizer" screen...
    I had the issue once with an Edge. This might not be the same thing you're facing, but after the battery completely discharged and recharged, all was fine. Don't know how long it takes for a Communicator battery to die completely. Even after the unit won't turn on anymore, it still has enough power to hold memory for a few days. That had to completely discharge on my Edge first before the issue was fixed.

Kevin
  10. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by J. Kevin Wolfe
    I had the issue once with an Edge. This might not be the same thing you're facing, but after the battery completely discharged and recharged, all was fine. Don't know how long it takes for a Communicator battery to die completely.
    Kevin,

thanks, but that didn't help. I just plugged the unit in (after having had it sitting on the shelf for three months), and it still is stuck in the digitizer app.

Looks like it might only be good for spare parts :-(

Oliver
    Don't know if this is of help, but I have a fix on my Glitch site.

http://jkevinwolfe.home.att.net/glitch Tap the "Screen" link.

You might try the mad digi cures since they're free.

Could be the ribbon that goes to the screen has become dislodged. Some have tried using rear window defroster element repair solution (It's a conductive glue) to glue the ribbon in secrurely.
  12. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by J. Kevin Wolfe
    Don't know if this is of help, but I have a fix on my Glitch site.

I actually tried DigiFix before hard resetting the Treo back when it happened, since I was still able to hotsync and operate the Treo (with the exception of the screen). Didn't help. I'll take it apart and see if the ribbon is the problem. Gentle drops onto carpet didn't fix it ;-)

Oliver
  13.    #13  
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by ocs
    [B]

How did you get out of this loop?

I reset it by poking the little hole with the pin in the stylus. :-)

In other words, brute force :-)