Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I know we are all anxious about the successor to our favorite pda/phone. Well hopefully we will hear (and maybe see) something soon.

    I checked the schedule of the conference and product showcase is scheduled for tonight 6-7PM PST. I assume we won't hear or see anything until then.

    Hopefully someone is there with a camera (you think? ) and will post (leak) some info for us by tomorrow.


    OH HAPPY DAY!!!! WHEN THE NEW TREO COMES!!!!!
  2. #2  
    I was thinking the same thing. Should be interesting to see what kind of trend this Treo is going to follow. I know it'll be more "phone" like, but hopefully not too much so! I honestly can't wait until I see/read about it!
  3. #3  
    Does anyone else here get a little uneasy in the stomach with new product introductions? Like, is the product going to be greater, or are they going to mess it up?

    Maybe I'm jaded.

    Here's to any info tonite!

    Jim
  4. #4  
    According to this:

    -- http://d.wsj.com/schedule/

    the actual "Cool Device" showcase doesn't happen until Thursday morning.

    Mossberg's column comes out Thursday (tomorrow) as well - see this page:

    -- http://www.ptech.wsj.com/ptech.html

    for that column hen it appears - it may (probably?) will have something on The Show.
  5. #5  
    I'm just excited because most Palm/Handspring deadlines actually produce something. I know, I know, there have been lots of delays etc. But really compared to the traditional vaporware handhelds, this stuff has way more accurate times to market.
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by potatoho
    I'm just excited because most Palm/Handspring deadlines actually produce something. I know, I know, there have been lots of delays etc. But really compared to the traditional vaporware handhelds, this stuff has way more accurate times to market.
    I've always been impressed that over the last year or so, pretty much every device has been leaked onto PalmInfoCenter and other sites before the release. It's so cool.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I was thinking the same thing. Should be interesting to see what kind of trend this Treo is going to follow. I know it'll be more "phone" like, but hopefully not too much so! I honestly can't wait until I see/read about it!
    I don't like the idea that the new Treo will be "more like a phone".

    My wish is that they take the current platform and make it better.

    Better to me means:

    1 - More reliable (I'm on my fourth Treo 270).

    2 - Further integration & enhancement of phone/pda/e-mail/sms integration.

    3 - Upgrade platform: Hi-Res screen, latest porcessor, latest Palm OS, replaceable lithium ion, magnesium case, bluetooth, etc., etc.

    Basically, I wish they would leverage an already successful design, and take it to the next level. But, I don't think that's what they're going to do.

    One final comment. Sony, Kyocera, HP, and others have their heads firmly lodged in their behinds. A year ago, I was predicting that Handspring would be wiped off the face of the earth by the major players, which hasn't happened because the major players don't seem to have their acts together in this product segment. Microsofts lame Smartphone initiative isn't haelping much either.

    The only thing I see getting close to matching a Treo, is the soon to be released colour blackberry, but even this device lacks a speakerphone.

    Enough ranting...even with all it's warts, I love my Treo, and coundn't really function without it. I just wish they'd make it better instead of different.

    HRB
  8. #8  
    A couple posts ago I mentioned Walt Mossberg's web site and said a column would appear there that probably would mention the "new TREO" - turns out the column (1) was not even written by Mossberg and (2) didn't mention the "new TREO".

    Nuff said.
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    A couple posts ago I mentioned Walt Mossberg's web site and said a column would appear there that probably would mention the "new TREO" - turns out the column (1) was not even written by Mossberg and (2) didn't mention the "new TREO".

    Nuff said.
    walts on vacation, i guess a working one. I'm sure column are written a week or two in advance.

    I'm sure he will be discussing his conference once he gets back.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.

Posting Permissions