Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    According to this story http://www.nctimes.net/news/2003/20030525/62745.html

Hopefully we will soon see some pictures and a writeup on this...
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I am so anxious to see the new TREO! It drives me nuts that you read all these "blips/teasers" and never see an actual prototype. I sure hope that they don't make the screen any smaller.
    Time will tell!
    Thanks for posting the link to the article...
    Burrzoo
    This is a fairly significant "announcement" for Handspring - I'm somewhat surprised none of the half dozen or so smartphone-oriented web sites (including treocentral) have picked up on it!

Walt Mossberg is deeply in love with the "old" TREOs - if the new "TREO" is any good, he'll probably write a column about it.

(the "conference" is being put on by him)

It'll be interesting to see if Handspring does the demo.

The FCC web site appears to be broken right now so can;t check to see if there are any new docs there.
    So did anyone pay the 3 grand to go to the conference! And if you did, do ya mind leaking some info the the new Treo for all us desperate souls?!
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    The FCC web site appears to be broken right now so can;t check to see if there are any new docs there.
    Didn't find any either. But I did find a photo of a prototype graffiti-only Tungsten W. Bwahahahah!!

(In External Photos):
    https://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/...c_id=O3W710000
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    From d.wsj.com......

D: 2003 IS SOLD OUT.

This conference sold out quickly, but you can catch some of our guests on CNBC's “Power Lunch.” Or get an executive summary when CNBC airs a special based on D on July 4, 5, 6 and 7.

Arrangements are being made to record D and make it available on a delayed webcast. Visit this site as the conference date approaches for more information.
    Originally posted by tarfin
    From d.wsj.com......

D: 2003 IS SOLD OUT.

This conference sold out quickly, but you can catch some of our guests on CNBC's “Power Lunch.” Or get an executive summary when CNBC airs a special based on D on July 4, 5, 6 and 7.

Arrangements are being made to record D and make it available on a delayed webcast. Visit this site as the conference date approaches for more information.
    Could you post a link when its available? I'd love to see what handsprings new baby looks like, in my opinion this is their last chance to get it right. Dell is supposed to be getting close to releasing a Combination device, PDA, Phone, Wireless Data device seing what they have already done with the Axim PPC prices, this should be a killer device......
    Last edited by Prismatic; 05/27/2003 at 08:59 PM.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Prismatic

Could you post a link when its available? I'd love to see what handsprings new baby looks like, in my opinion this is their last chance to get it right. Dell is supposed to be getting close to releasing an Cobination device, PDA, Phone, Wireless Data device seing what they have already done with the Axim PPC prices, this should be a killer device......
    I am not affiliated with nor do I monitor that site, but if I happen to hear/read anything I'll pass it on.
    No one knows anything about the product Handspring was supposed to have shown hours ago.

That is very strange.

In fact, that is pretty certainly impossible, IMHO.

If I were a betting man, I'd say they were a no-show.

How about you?

The All Things Digital show has been over for hours - more than enough time for PRPRPR $blurbs$ $right$ $and$ $left$, $more$ $than$ $enough$ $time$ $for$ $widespread$ $Net$ $chatter$, $more$ $than$ $enough$ $time$ $for$ $stock$ $price$ $action$.

Nothing.

Something smells.
    Good point there SeldomVisitor! Where are the leaks?!! I want leaks people! LEAKS!! LEAKS!
    I contacted the guy who wrote the original article about the conference. He assures me the Treo was at the conference, but it was shown today, not yesterday. He intends to write an article mentioning the Treo on the weekend. By the way, Hawkins was at the conference and the fact that this reporter has two visors probabably means that he has a favorable viewpoint on Handspring.
    keep it coming.
    Apparently something has happened. HAND was up 25% today on 10x normal volume. Unless Sprint sold a lot of Treo300's yesterday, I'm guessing that somebody has seen the Treo2 and liked what they saw (or likes to gamble). In a company like this, what else is there to BUY on?
    Speculation is more than sufficient to drive an exuberant pop - HAND is very thinly traded - it takes almost nothing to push it to the moon. Today was a perfect example of that - thousands of folks like ME who wanted to jump onto an exuberant pop and DID (unlike me - I wimped out because of the lack of news).

However, let's keep STOCK discussions elsewhere. Instead, let's discuss the products on this web site.
    I personally think you overreacted on your last post, Seldom. The stock price action was mentioned as an illustration of the fact that the new treo seems to have been well received at the conference, which might mean its features were impressive to the audience. I personally think is an relevant coment to this thread.

Are you a staff member or do you just simply enjoy pontificating on the lack of quality of other people's posts?
    Originally posted by rvwink

Are you a staff member or do you just simply enjoy pontificating on the lack of quality of other people's posts?
    Hey now. He wasn't saying it was of poor quality, just perhaps not of relevance. I personally think the subject matter is appropriate, especially for a company whose very existence depends on the single product being discussed.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I personally think the subject matter is appropriate, especially for a company whose very existence depends on the single product being discussed.
    If that isn't an understatement, I don't know what is!

BTW, is it possible that attendees of the conference are binded by a non-disclosure agreement? Its kinda extraordinary there hasn't been at least one comment/leak concerning the new Treo?
    Last edited by Gaurav; 05/30/2003 at 06:19 PM.
    I corresponded briefly with a reporter who said he was told that he needed approval from every speaker before they quoted anything they said. Perhaps it is likely that to allow speakers more freedom to discuss things, they may have gotten the attendees to sign non disclosure agreements as you suggested.
    Last edited by rvwink; 05/30/2003 at 06:15 PM.
    Okay, let's discuss the new Treo. Here's what I know.

Anyone else have anything to add?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast