1.    #1  
    Last night, I set AutoSync to back up the Treo at 2:00am and it evidently hung on StockManager (a program that during a HotSync goes online to retrieve stock quotes) while I was asleep. The next morning I got out of bed and noticed the treo still on, trying to sync, with the message "Syncing Stock Manager." A closer look at the Treo revealed that the three spheres that appear in the middle of the display during the sync process had been burned in to the Treo screen and are now, albeit faintly, visible everywhere.

Funny that when I syc using the the button on the cradle and am not online, as was the case last night, StockManager times out and the the sync process ends as always...
    Originally posted by copernicus
    Last night, I set AutoSync to back up the Treo at 2:00am and it evidently hung on StockManager (a program that during a HotSync goes online to retrieve stock quotes) while I was asleep. The next morning I got out of bed and noticed the treo still on, trying to sync, with the message "Syncing Stock Manager." A closer look at the Treo revealed that the three spheres that appear in the middle of the display during the sync process had been burned in to the Treo screen and are now, albeit faintly, visible everywhere.
    I noticed that for a while when I tried to use my Treo 270 as a desk clock with MaTreo and BigClock. The burn in fades away after a while.
    Originally posted by DarthRepublican

I noticed that for a while when I tried to use my Treo 270 as a desk clock with MaTreo and BigClock. The burn in fades away after a while.
    There's a big long thread about this somewhere. I think the consensus was what you said: that the burn is not permanent and will go away after a while of using it.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  5.    #5  
    Thank you for the replys. Yes, you are all quite right (Thank God!); the screen returned to it's original state this morning. It's nice to know that the Treo can, at times, be self healing. What a relief!

Originally posted by DarthRepublican
    The burn in fades away after a while.