Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm still in the stone age with a Prism and VisorPhone but this morning my attannae cracked and now slips out. Any information on repairs, replacements, or do I need to get a Treo/Kyocera/Tungston W or try to hold out for a Treo II?
    Originally posted by Les Spicy
    I'm still in the stone age with a Prism and VisorPhone but this morning my attannae cracked and now slips out. Any information on repairs, replacements, or do I need to get a Treo/Kyocera/Tungston W or try to hold out for a Treo II?
    Hmmm...I don't know much about repair services, but the new Treo isn't supposed to be out 'til late in the year (sometime in fall, I believe), so it may be too long of a wait to hold out for that!
    You can get an open box visorphone here.

However, if you want to get a new device and you cannot wait for the new treo, then I would suggest one of the devices you mentioned among others. Below is a list of all the palmOS smartphone devices that I know of:

Available now:
    Treo 300
    Treo 270
    Treo 180/180g
    Kyocera 6035
    Kyocera 7135
    Samsung SPH-i300
    Samsung SPH-i330
    Samsumg SPH-i500
    Tungsten W

Not yet released:
    New Treo!
    Samsung SGH--500
    GSPDA Zircon
    GSPDA Onynx
    Weblink H500

Which one you select all depends on how you plan on using it. If you want a more data-centric device and don't really care about the phone functionality, then I would recommend the T|W. However if you want to stick w/sprint and dont need a keyboard, go with the SPH-i330. If you want a more balanced device the T300 is for you (plus unlimted data), but if you want a more phone-centric device, then the 7135 is the choice and etc etc...
    If you can wait until September... not long to go, I would wait for the new Treo. It will simply blow away all that came before it - and maybe a few which come after it.
    www.gsmworld.com