View Poll Results: Have you suffered thumb RSI using your Treo?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, slightly after prolonged use

3 12.50%
  • Yes, a major case - call my lawyers!

0 0%
  • Yes but I found the solution (please tell us!)

1 4.17%
  • No, (perhaps I type with my nose).

20 83.33%
  1.    #1  
    The joint in my left thumb has been sore for a couple of days. I am concerned that this may be a repetitive strain injury caused (or exacerbated) by my Treo's keyboard.

Has anyone else experienced this (I have above-average sized hands) or discovered a 'better' way of using the keyboard?
    When your thumbs get tired, set your Treo on a table and type with your index fingers for a while. Alternating between the two should give your thumbs a rest.
    C'mon now - would you go after Nike because your knee got sore while jogging... perhaps you would but you bought a communicator with a small size keyboard knowing that it was not as ergonimic as a computer keyboard.
    Perhaps I do type with my nose: I love the keyboard and, BTW, with graffiti I got a sore brain. Humm
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    If one types 'War and Peace' on a Treo, yes, sore thumbs will be inevitable.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by nzmoko
    If one types 'War and Peace' on a Treo, yes, sore thumbs will be inevitable.
    13 characters? doesn't sound too bad.
    I don't care for the keyboard at all...I have sort of large hands and long fingers and that tiny little keyboard cramps up my fingers.

The solution?
    Jot! It's WAY BETTER than the original graffiti, offering a more natural handwriting recognition. Of course, some people hate graffiti...for them I guess the keyboard is better. I think I heard about an IR keyboard for Treo but haven't seen one.

JPC
    Originally posted by johnpeace
    I don't care for the keyboard at all...I have sort of large hands and long fingers and that tiny little keyboard cramps up my fingers.JPC
    You can cultivate your pinkies to do the job (just kiddin').
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I have been using the Micro Innovations/PockeTop IR keyboard (purchased at Circuit City, but there are other sources) with great success. It has some minor drawbacks when used with Treo devices - notably, it's quite sensitive to keyboard placement relative to the handheld.
    As a keyboard, it's a little awkward since the designers omitted the number-row of keys and substitued an additional shift key.
    However, for the most part one can touch-type on it with ease.

Rusty J
    Treo 270 on AT&T GSM/GPRS
    Treo 90 with multiple MMC cards
    Micro Innovations IR Keyboard
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    13 characters? doesn't sound too bad.
    Hehe, Kurt. You're a legend mate
    www.gsmworld.com