1.    #1  
    I just went through a major crash and rebuild of my treo (no mr. flip etc...) and I lost all of my stored web addresses that I have been collecting for almost a year now amongst other preferences.
    Since I have a back up of my back up before it crashed, I was wondering what effect it would have if I were to take the savedpreference.prc file out of my old back up and replace the newer one with it. Would it give me back all of those saved web site addresses for both Blazer and Xiino without creating havoc with the new saved preference.prc that I have re-created in the new back up folder without making a big mess?

TIA
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    When you say "stored web addresses", do you mean bookmarks?

If you do, they are stored in the following files, if they were backed up:

BLBookmark.PDB
    Xiino Bookmarks

If not, then I can't help. You could always try and see what happens
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Appleman!
    Yeah I meant book marks. I didn't even see the BLBookmark.pdb. I will give that a try.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  4.    #4  
    That didn't change anything as far as my book marks are concerned and for that matter I don't know what it did. I don't see a difference.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  5.    #5  
    Maybe I need to change my hot sync conduit for "system" to desktop overwrites handheld. Will that screw everything up?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    It shouldn't screw anything up, as long as the only difference between the two was that one file.