View Poll Results: help in unlocking treo 180

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • How to get the unlock code

0 0%
  • from where besides T. Mobile

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    I just got treo 180 from Tigers direct, and i had to leave overseas.

AS usuall it does not work except with T.Mobile.

Any one have the unlock code for this model as i can not return it and there is no T. Mobile where i am at.

Any suggestions.

Gus
    As usual? The default is for the Treo to be unlocked. Indeed I've never heard of a locked one.
    Well, Apparently, TigerDirect is selling locked 180's exclusive to Tmobile. Can't you ask Tmobile to unlock it (or is this a different type of lock... Hardcoded into the treo)?

Best Regards,
    Bill
  4.    #4  
    I have asked T. Mobile to give the unlock code , but they said i have to subscribe with them..

I already have a subscribtion, and also there is no T. Mobile where i am at.

The only way for the treo to work, is if some one has the code from T. Mobile and can pass it along.....

I do not know if there is someone who is willing to help..

The otherway is to unlock it by hacking it program .
    But the question remains where can that be done.

Any suggestions.

Gus
    What about TigerDirect -- can't they help? Boy, this is a warning not to buy from TigerDirect, I guess. Good luck.
    m00se
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Seems silly that they would disable international access. Oh well. With my 300 international access doesn't really worry me much.
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...u=H65-1042%20P

"How do I activate my Treo communicator?
    Depending on which service provider you use, your experience will vary slightly. Below there is a link to activate your service, with easy-to-read instructions which are included in the Treo box with the SIM card.

The Treo communicator operates on the worldwide GSM network. In North America, new GSM service plans are offered from Cingular Wireless and T-Mobile. If you would like to use an existing wireless account with the Treo communicator, please contact your carrier to confirm that it works on the GSM network."
    This may be so obvious that it works: did you put in a new sim from the provider you want to use?
  9.    #9  
    I have contacted Tigerdirect, and guess what, in order to return the treo they will charge 15% restocking fee, and will give only store credit.

I strongly advice that no one buy from this company...

This brings back to my main problem, I have talked to a friend and he said, if some one has a code for treo 180 from T. Mobile
    and can give it to you; I might work...

So is there any one who has this code to unlock the treo,

It is worth the try...

Please pass this up ...

Gus
    Before you do that, have you actually tried to use it with another SIM? If you have an account with TMO it doesn't matter if it's locked or not if you use a TMO SIM where TMO has no roaming arrangements. What proof do you have that this is "locked" to TMO?
  11.    #11  
    I have tried several SIM from diffrent companies.

When you install the SIM the treo disply that your phone cannot be used with this SIM , you can make emergency calls only.

It is locked...there is no dought about it.

Gus
    Originally posted by Gus
    I have asked T. Mobile to give the unlock code , but they said i have to subscribe with them..

I already have a subscribtion, and also there is no T. Mobile where i am at.

The only way for the treo to work, is if some one has the code from T. Mobile and can pass it along.....

I do not know if there is someone who is willing to help..

The otherway is to unlock it by hacking it program .
    But the question remains where can that be done.

Any suggestions.

Gus
    1) If you have a subscription from T-Mobile, why will they not unlock it?

2) Unlock codes are based on your Phones IMEI number and not your account ( phone number or sim card number ) thus somebody else's code will not work on your Treo. However, you can give your Treo to somebody else to unlock it for you.

3) I advice you to get a replacement from Handspring, a friend was in a similar situation and the replacement he got was not locked.

4) I would leave the thought of Hacking, its difficult to find a good source and when you do have a source - it costs you unrealistic amount of money.

Regards,
    Xenoepist.
    Forgive me for my morals here but you are suggesting imposing false returns on the manufacturer just to get an unlocked unit. Don't expect people to treat you otherwise in your dealings with the world.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Gus
    I just got treo 180 from Tigers direct, and i had to leave overseas.

AS usuall it does not work except with T.Mobile.

Any one have the unlock code for this model as i can not return it and there is no T. Mobile where i am at.

Any suggestions.

Gus
    email simunlock at tmobile dot com for the unlock code. If your account is in good standing and you aren't a new customer they shouldn't have any issue with giving you the code.
    Why don't you try to download and install firmware upgrade for TREO 180 from www.handspring.com ? I'm not shure if the lock code is placed somewhere in the treo's firmware but you can give it a try. This upgrade replaces everything inside your phone so it may remove the lock code too.... Once again I don't know if this will work but at least you can try.... Good Luck and if it works pls make a short note here...
    hey i kinda had the same problem with my first treo i was calling all around to find the unlock code. then i just called handspring told them that i had a locked treo 180 they rushed me another one within like 2 days and it was unlocked put my sim in and it worked just fine. try callin handspring tech support and they'll usually be ok with just sending another treo to you
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    Forgive me for my morals here but you are suggesting imposing false returns on the manufacturer just to get an unlocked unit. Don't expect people to treat you otherwise in your dealings with the world.
    Your morals are rightly placed, my mistake in providing incomplete information.

My friend is a bona-fide T-Mobile customer, and his replacement was handled by T-Mobile and not Handspring. (handspring agent transfered the call to T-mobile for replacement).

My understanding is that T-mobile does not charge for unlocking phones. So if they fail to unlock, they should replace.

So where's the question of imposing false returns.
    i bought my treo on HSN or some shopping network, and when i spoke with the hanspring tech support they sent me in a loop back and forth t-mobile to handspring i went on asking for a unlock code. and i spoke with a techsupport from handspring and they told me they should come unlocked then i said mine is locked only to tmobile but my provider is cingular so he said it shouldnt be locked. so i asked if they could send me a unlocked one. and he did. its not like your replacing a defective product my treo worked fine it was just locked and since it wasnt supposed to be they offered to send me another just my (i guess) testimonial. good guys at handspring
  19.    #19  
    This is good news..

But were the replacments new or refurbished...
    and how long it took for you to get the replacemnt.?

did they give you a return number, or you just went ahead and
    sent it by mail.?

thanks
    Gus
    no first they send you a replacement for example an unlocked one , it usually takes two days they ship it very fast i got my replacement in two days. well anyway they have instructions on how to return it etc. its pretty easy just as long as you still have a warranty on it and it hasnt expired the replacements seemed to be new they were rapped in bubble rap. i think you have to provide a credit card number just incase they ddont receive it with in it think 14 days. and yeah they give u a number and everything