1.    #1  
    My new Treo 300 has a nasty habit of turning on by itself every 5 minutes or so, whether it is on Wireless mode or not. Is this normal?

This is very annoying at night to hear this click and have the screen light up the whole room.
    Mine does it too. It's probably not normal, but I dont' worry about it.
    Well I just had mine tested and it failed. They are sending me a new one. This is my 3rd in 3 weeks.
    Had it tested?
    Yes, went to the Sprint store, explained what it was doing and they ran a diagnostic. Said it failed and they would send a replacement out to me. I said fine.

Like I said, I spent two nights where I had to get up in the middle of the night and bury the thing in a drawer to hide the clicking and the light of it turning on every five minutes. It seems reasonable that you should be able to keep a palm device by your bed to use as an alarm and mine certainly was not able to do that.

I am a new owner but with 3 in 3 weeks, I am becoming wary.
    Judging by people's successes with refurbs, I can live with it.
    So I guess I can expect a re-furb instead of a new one even though I just spend $400 for a Treo?

If that happens, I will have a problem.

Maybe I will chose to live with it. But if they send a refurb, they will hear about it for sure.
    Originally posted by ahamm
    So I guess I can expect a re-furb instead of a new one even though I just spend $400 for a Treo?
    You can count on it.
    Then you will love this. Refurbished arrived today after I called and complained about the "concept" of sending me a re-furbished one to replace a new one less than 3 weeks old.

Status: Refurbished does not work. They could not get the wireless web portion working. I finally got them to reactivate my old (second) one so that at least I had a unit that works 90%.

I think I will go to my original Sprint store on Monday with both broken units and refuse to leave until they give me a NEW replacement unit.

Or, I may just learn to live with the few quirks I have and thank goodness that I have one that is pretty good (I think).
    Originally posted by ahamm

I think I will go to my original Sprint store on Monday with both broken units and refuse to leave until they give me a NEW replacement unit.
    Be prepared to go to jail then.