1.    #1  
    Been a Treo180k user now for almost a year! I have been looking at the Tmobile Pocket PC, the benefits look amazing not only Windows CE but 5 hours talk time! Anyone in here ever use one and what did you think???

Thanks,
    Andy
    After Treo 180 #6, I finally gave up and bought the PocketPC phone.

I've had it for about a month now. Maybe 6 weeks. All I can say is I love it. It's a little bigger than the Treo (Taller, a smidgen wider also. A little bulky but not too bad)

I love it. The screen is bright and crisp. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with lockups or anything.

There don't seem to be quite as many applications out there yet as there are for the Palm OS, but I can't say that there's anything I've looked for that I haven't been able to find.

When I got my PPC phone in the mail, I was having some trouble with it. I would sometimes get a call, and answer, but there was no connection. Eventually that got traced back to a bad SIM card.

They send you a docking/charging cradle, as well as a plug that'll go directly from the charger to the bottom of the phone. The phone won't fit in the crade while it's in the case, but if you just want to charge and not synch it with the computer, you can plug the charging cord into it with it still in the case.

The case it comes with is decent quality, but kind of bulky, and to get the phone in and out of it, you need to undo this funky velcro. I ended up buying a "slipper" case from ebcases.com where the phone just slides out of the top easily when you want to take it out - something I'd recommend.

All in all I think I like the Pocket PC Phone a lot better than the Treo, even though I do miss the keyboard.
    Originally posted by MarinoFAN
    Been a Treo180k user now for almost a year! I have been looking at the Tmobile Pocket PC, the benefits look amazing not only Windows CE but 5 hours talk time! Anyone in here ever use one and what did you think???

Thanks,
    Andy
    Andy, what is it specifically that you don't like about the Treo? I am an avid reader of WSJ's Walt Mossberg Report (see link below), and his reports reaffirm that nothing in the PDA/phone category beats the Treo. As you know, there isn't a perfect machine out there, but in my opinion you'd be giving up more by switching. Try the Treo 270 or 300.
    My 2 cents.
    m00se

To read the Mossberg reports:
    http://ptech.wsj.com/
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    I too was a Treo 180 user who tried the T-Mobile Pocket PC. I returned it after 4 days. To me it's size was a big negative as was it's weight. It is nowhere near as intuitive as a phone as the Treo was. My 180 died 4 weeks after my warranty expired. As frustrated as I was with that, I swapped the PocketPC phone for a new 270. For me... the 270 works far better than the PocketPC. I had previouse to the 180 been a total PocketPC buy beginning with an NEC MobilePro 750c, then a Jornada followed by two Ipaqs.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com