1.    #1  
    I installed Noah Lite several months ago on my Treo 180.

A month ago I was considering upgrading to GPRS and, in order to free up memory for the upgrade, I deleted it. But my available memory didn't change!

When I run RamHog I don't see any databases related to Noah, and if you add up the size of the files that do show up, the total of the 10 largest is 47% (vs. total memory used, according to RamHog and Launcher III, of 89%).

And when I get the full list of files on my Treo (by touching the Info icon in Launcher III), there is also no sign of Noah.

So I've still not upgraded to GPRS. With T-Mo's prices my wallet is thanking me but the situation is a little frustrating.

Has anyone heard of this problem?

Originally posted by DZfromOZ
    I installed Noah Lite several months ago on my Treo 180.

A month ago I was considering upgrading to GPRS and, in order to free up memory for the upgrade, I deleted it. But my available memory didn't change!

When I run RamHog I don't see any databases related to Noah, and if you add up the size of the files that do show up, the total of the 10 largest is 47% (vs. total memory used, according to RamHog and Launcher III, of 89%).

And when I get the full list of files on my Treo (by touching the Info icon in Launcher III), there is also no sign of Noah.

So I've still not upgraded to GPRS. With T-Mo's prices my wallet is thanking me but the situation is a little frustrating.

Has anyone heard of this problem?

Noah Lite's dictionary database is called "Wordnet." It can be up to six MB in size depending on which version (small, medium, or large) you originally installed. If you can't find a database with that name, then Noah is gone.
    The name of the DB that has the dictionary in it depends on which dictionary is installed. It is "Wordnet full.pdb" for the full dictionary, or "Wordnet medium", "Wordnet mini" or "Wordnet small" for one of the others. The app is much smaller than the dictionary, so this could be your problem. If the delete menu option of applications removed only the app and not the dictionary file, that is unfriendly behavior. Use Filecaddy or Filez to delete the DB.