1.    #1  
    I have a friend who keeps pestering me to get onto WeSync, a web-based utility that lets you keep multiple simultaneous calendars on a Palm OS device.

I was wondering if anybody out there has used it, and what your opinion of it is.

Something that bodes ill: the WeSync homepage announces boldly that it has discontinued direct end-user support (but the service is still up and running). That's too bad.

Still, I'm curious. Anyone got any strong opinions about it? Weak opinions? General pontifications?

I wonder why it's not more prominent and doing better financially.

http://www.wesync.com/
    I love Wesync. I am an old PSION user. We dumped PSION because of Wesync. Every staff person with a Palm of any kind (up to OS5) can have their own calendar. When I sync it stores my calendar on the Wesync web space. At the same time it grabs all of my staffs calendars and updates them to my Treo. Then when my staff sync their Palm powered PDA's Wesync puts my updated calendar on their PDA's. It does the same with contacts. It can do this wirelesslly.

I was sick when they announced no more support. I am worried sick about what we are going to do when Palm turns the lights out on Wesync. I do not know why more people do not use Wesync.
    I love WeSync, too. I show it off to my colleagues as the "killer app" for my Treo. My office manager updates the master calendar which thru WeSync is automatically reflected on my Treo and when I update my calendar, it is automatically reflected on her desktop.

I also don't know how I'll manage without it when it goes away and am interested in finding a replacement with the same features.
    NotWired.com has a similar paid service.

Originally posted by Croshaven
    I love WeSync, too. I show it off to my colleagues as the "killer app" for my Treo. My office manager updates the master calendar which thru WeSync is automatically reflected on my Treo and when I update my calendar, it is automatically reflected on her desktop.

I also don't know how I'll manage without it when it goes away and am interested in finding a replacement with the same features.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
  5.    #5  
    Super-duper. Thanks for all the info. I really wish WeSync the best of luck ... they seem like a great service. I'd hate to see them fall victim to the economic times.

I'll go check out NotWired.com too. But seriously, I hope WeSync sticks around.
    Thanks for the information on NotWired.com. If Wesync dies I may have to go to them. But I need to tell you they are expensive.
    Seems like you are alreacy convinced but I will add my thoughts also. I had been looking forever to find an application that allows me and my wife to share our calendars on 2 separate PC's. I used to sync us both up to a shared yahoo calendar but that wasn't the greatest solution, as we still had one shared calendar between us.

So, then I found wesync and I have been hooked ever since. We are full admins on each others calendars, so I can add something for her, and she can do the same for me. We haven't synced contacts yet, but I will set it up someday, not that important.

Wesync discontinued support after they were purchased by Palm. I don't know where that's going to lead, and I see no other service that works quite the same way. They recommend using Palms Dual Date but that is not an online solution and doesnt seem to support OS5.

Wesynd is really the only way to truly share calendars. I just tried installing Wireless Refresh and cant get it to connect on my TREO. Is anyone doing this?
    There seems to be a few misunderstandings here, so I thought I'd jump in. Palm bought WeSync ages ago. They never charged for the service and lost interest in it. Support was finally dropped relatively recently and new users can't sign up. So, just to clarify, it's not a matter of them losing money on it, they don't make any money on it and never did. IMO, Palm should have charged a reasonable fee ($25/year even), but instead chose to let it die (for all intents and purposes) altogether. I agree with the fellow who described this as a "killer app." I think that's especially true when paired with a wireless device like the Treo. I think someone (or some people) at Palm (perhaps Carl Yankowski) clearly saw the value of it at one point in time but those people don't seem to be decision makers at Palm any longer.

Scott
    In addition to notwired, you guys should also check "Time and Chaos" from iSBister . It will let you sync your your telephone book, appointment book calendar, to do list etc in your workgroup. They have a 21 day free trial and it costs $45/yr if you want it...
    I use wireless refresh and it works on a limited seting. I can refresh one day on one calendar.

Is anyone using Wesync on a OS5 PDA?
    Originally posted by SPG
    Is anyone using Wesync on a OS5 PDA?
    It's not compatible with OS5. Further reason why a year from now no one will even be talking about WeSync, except those of us who will be lamenting its passing.

Scott
    If Wesync is still here a year from now I will still use it and not upgrade to OS 5. That is how much I like it.
    We've been using Syncml for quite a while albiet on PPC devices. It is just a matter of time before someone develops a Palm interface (maybe someone already has). More info here.