1.    #1  
    Until recently, I was using a Handspring Prism. After picking up a Treo I installed the software and started using the Treo and loving it. That aside, I was going to play around with my old Prism for a minute and when I tried to Hotsync (after wiping the old data of that handheld, of course) I received a prompt requesting that I place the cd in to install software for the Handspring [Prism] Handheld. I had assumed with the latest and greatest software from my Treo that I could sync both devices on the machine. I was wondering if the prompt is just trying to obtain the drivers for the Prism. If so, why would they be lost from the other install? I was thinking about allowing the software to install (not the full desktop, keep in mind) but I am concerned that it may interfere with my Treo syncs. Does anyone here use a device other than a Treo via their Palm desktop? If so, is it recommended that I just install the Prism drivers again or whatever? I was thinking of having my wife use the Prism so that is where my interests in using both devices is.
    Last edited by xenogearz; 04/05/2003 at 05:33 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Originally posted by xenogearz
    Until recently, I was using a Handspring Prism. After picking up a Treo I installed the software and started using the Treo and loving it. That aside, I was going to play around with my old Prism for a minute and when I tried to Hotsync (after wiping the old data of that handheld, of course) I received a prompt requesting that I place the cd in to install software for the Handspring [Prism] Handheld. I had assumed with the latest and greatest software from my Treo that I could sync both devices on the machine. I was wondering if the prompt is just trying to obtain the drivers for the Prism. If so, why would they be lost from the other install? I was thinking about allowing the software to install (not the full desktop, keep in mind) but I am concerned that it may interfere with my Treo syncs. Does anyone here use a device other than a Treo via their Palm desktop? If so, is it recommended that I just install the Prism drivers again or whatever? I was thinking of having my wife use the Prism so that is where my interests in using both devices is.
    After no response, I decided to try installing the software as requested. It installed the drivers and all is good. I didn't realize however, that my drivers were lost in the first place so I thought this was strange. Anyways, at least it works.