Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By wideeyed85
  • 2 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  1.    #1  
    Tcl is planning on putting out new Palm devices sans webOS of course, maybe new Palm branded luneOS devices in the future ?
    https://www.slashgear.com/palm-devic...-30497716/amp/

Sorry on mobile typically don't post or reply this way

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Palm treo 700w wm5 (sprint), Palm treo 800w wm6.1(sprint), Palm treo pro wm 6.5.3 (sprint), Palm pre webOS 2.1(sprint), Palm pixi webOS 1.4.5 (sprint), Htc arrive wp nodo (sprint), Nokia lumia 900 wp 7.8 (ATT), Hp touchpad w/ LunaCE 4.9.10, Hp pre3 2.2.4 (ATT-unlocked)
    gazaud likes this.
    Hmm... I wonder why Jason Gerdon is liking this tweet about the Pre. Hinting at something coming?

https://twitter.com/dcseifert/status/907952775417536512

FWIW, Gerdon is Head of Comms for TCL North America.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI╔ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    gazaud and MAMISHO like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Hmm... I wonder why Jason Gerdon is liking this tweet about the Pre. Hinting at something coming?

https://twitter.com/dcseifert/status/907952775417536512

FWIW, Gerdon is Head of Comms for TCL North America.
    Hmm I think we may be reading into a like a bit too much.

As for TCL, I can only hope its Palm in something other than name, but I'm not confident.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    I poked them about at least emulating the webOS phone look and feel.

https://twitter.com/ToniCipriani5/st...43700103663618
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI╔ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Shuswap likes this.
    Hopefully they'll give a similar treatment to Palm's legacy as they have with Blackberry. Unfortunately though I can't really imagine what that might entail. Firstly, hardware wise it is difficult to define what the brand 'Palm' stands for as they have changed so much over the years; do they try to recreate the Piot with a slab and stylus design, a candybar phone like the Treos (and Keyone), or do they go with a keyboard slider, like with the Pre. To differentiate it from their Blackberry phones, I'd imagine that it would be just a slab with a stylus which is hardly exciting. Furthermore, as they haven't really customised android on Blackberries to mimick BB10, I wouldn't really imagine that they would modify Android to look like webos, even if they did, it would look a lot like iOS 11.
    I think something with a modified Graffiti/gesture area that has access to the home bar/wave launcher thing would be cool if also paired with a smart stylus. A futuristic webOSesque launcher built on Android would be cool too.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    briest likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by veyron431 View Post
    Furthermore, as they haven't really customised android on Blackberries to mimick BB10, I wouldn't really imagine that they would modify Android to look like webos, even if they did, it would look a lot like iOS 11.
    Software and branding is actually not in their hands, BlackBerry Limited still holds that and develops the software.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Software and branding is actually not in their hands, BlackBerry Limited still holds that and develops the software.
    I would imagine that blackberry would have been open to licensing the BB10 designs to TCL had they wished to.