1.    #1  
    Is there any way to prevent auto-shutoff when the unit is charging?

I've got a Treo 300 and I've been
    enjoying TigerChess, except that if I want the game to think for more than three minutes I have to tap the screen. Otherwise the Treo shuts itself off.

Seems like there should be a way to prevent this if the unit is in the charger.
    Or maybe even if it is not.

Is there a hack, a shortcut code, or a piece of software to do this?

Thanks
    Originally posted by scottmark
    Is there any way to prevent auto-shutoff when the unit is charging?

I've got a Treo 300 and I've been
    enjoying TigerChess, except that if I want the game to think for more than three minutes I have to tap the screen. Otherwise the Treo shuts itself off.

Seems like there should be a way to prevent this if the unit is in the charger.
    Or maybe even if it is not.

Is there a hack, a shortcut code, or a piece of software to do this?

Thanks
    I think there is actually a hack, a shortcut code, and software programs that will this. Of course I don't know of any. Actually, AlwaysOnHack might be it. Try digging around a bit, I think I saw the answer in these forums a while back.
    In the memo app, if you start a new memo and simply type in:
    :shortcut: .3
    this will disable the auto off timer. However if you ever have to perform a soft reset, this feature goes away and you will need to create it again.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  4.    #4  
    Thanks very much. That is indeed the ticket!
    If you use CSD to connect to the net and you disable screen off, your Blazer connection will stay alive as it uses Auto-off to disconnect the CSD session for inactivity. Could be a big monthly invoice...
    A bit late but I use OnCradleOn and it works a treat! good too in the car when on charge! OnCradleOn enables was for the Visor Prism to stay on while recharging in cradle but works fine on Treo270, can't remember were from but found it on a search