1.    #1  
    Hey y'all!

Brandon here. Some of you might remember me attempting to do damage control when PIC/OpenMobile were missing deadlines. Besides some PRPRPR, $I$ $did$ some research into costs of products (batteries, glass, etc), and some of the members would consult us concerning our thoughts on potential projects.

Honestly, i don't know all that much, but I'm willing to answer what I do know!
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined." -Marshawn Lynch
    Quote Originally Posted by brandongoeszoom View Post
    Hey y'all!

Brandon here. Some of you might remember me attempting to do damage control when PIC/OpenMobile were missing deadlines. Besides some PRPRPR, $I$ $did$ some research into costs of products (batteries, glass, etc), and some of the members would consult us concerning our thoughts on potential projects.

Honestly, i don't know all that much, but I'm willing to answer what I do know!
    So what potential projects were they considering? Batteries and glass mean a phone I guess, but we sort of knew that. Any specifics?
    i don't know all that much, but I'm willing to answer what I do know!
    What was PIC's internal reaction to the final version of ACL?

(I personally am glad I backed the kickstarter even though I hardly ever used ACL, and it's not even installed since a few doctor's ago. I do, however, still appreciate PIC's effort and even think the end-product - though far from ideal - did have it's merits).
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    So what potential projects were they considering? Batteries and glass mean a phone I guess, but we sort of knew that. Any specifics?
    Initially, a slab phone. Besides that, I didn't know too much about it. I was just getting estimates from Anker and Corning concerning their products.
    At one point, they were contemplating a watch.
    The most recent project that I was aware of before leaving was just an app for webOS Tvs that would display notifications from your Android or iOS device.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    What was PIC's internal reaction to the final version of ACL?

(I personally am glad I backed the kickstarter even though I hardly ever used ACL, and it's not even installed since a few doctor's ago. I do, however, still appreciate PIC's effort and even think the end-product - though far from ideal - did have it's merits).
    I think everyone was glad it was released after all the time it spent being delayed. Other than that, I wouldn't know.
    Initially, a slab phone. Besides that, I didn't know too much about it. I was just getting estimates from Anker and Corning concerning their products.
    At one point, they were contemplating a watch.
    The most recent project that I was aware of before leaving was just an app for webOS Tvs that would display notifications from your Android or iOS device.
    Not sure about the app...

The watch though... I wonder what the timing was. Given LG's half-hearted track record with the webOS watch, it could have been a thing like the Pebble. Of course, it would need a redesigned UI in addition to the H/W.

Speaking of software, wasn't there an early project for Android in a card / webOS on Android or something? I can't remember which way round. Was there any development of this?