1.    #1  
    I signed up a while back on T-Mobile's web site to be notified when the Treo 270 was officially released through T-Mobile. I had already bought a Treo 300 but signed up simply because I was curious to see if T-Mobile would offer an affordable unlimited data plan. I finally today got an e-mail from T-Mobile officially announcing the availability of the Treo 270. I found the following quote amusing:
    Treo 270 makes staying in contact easier than ever with a built in keyboard for calling, checking your email and SMS. And, unlike some of its competitors, the T-Mobile Treo 270 allows you to send as well as receive SMS.
    I wonder who they're talking about?

Scott
    Originally posted by Scott R
    I signed up a while back on T-Mobile's web site to be notified when the Treo 270 was officially released through T-Mobile. I had already bought a Treo 300 but signed up simply because I was curious to see if T-Mobile would offer an affordable unlimited data plan. I finally today got an e-mail from T-Mobile officially announcing the availability of the Treo 270. I found the following quote amusing:

I wonder who they're talking about?

Scott
    They charge a dime each to send, I think. Perhaps a nickel. I paid $20 for Treo300SMS. I would *require* a $20 a month data plan (at least). So after two months and one sent SMS, I'm already saving money.
    You don't need a data plan with T-Mobile to send SMS. Have been doing it for years.
    we also get 50 free SMS ( i think 250 with the gprs plan ) or you can add 500 for 2.99 a month.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Originally posted by dennisl
    You don't need a data plan with T-Mobile to send SMS. Have been doing it for years.
    Yeah, I know. I was taking the "big picture" view. I absolutely would need a big plan, which would cost a ton. I save so much by going with Sprint. I had TMO on a Treo before. But couldn't afford it.
    Originally posted by christo1970
    we also get 50 free SMS ( i think 250 with the gprs plan ) or you can add 500 for 2.99 a month.
    Right, but none are outgoing. I get unlimitted free incoming and outgoing.
    i have the $29.99 plan that includes 300 in/out SMS msgs. I also have the $10/month internet data plan which includes 500 in/out SMS msgs and 2 megs of GPRS data. So including the 50 free SMS that everyone gets I have a total of 850 msgs a month. I think my thumbs would fall off before I run out of SMS msgs.
    Originally posted by Distrachi
    So including the 50 free SMS that everyone gets I have a total of 850 msgs a month. I think my thumbs would fall off before I run out of SMS msgs.
    Kinda like the 1045 free hours AOL gives away in the first month?
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Right, but none are outgoing. I get unlimitted free incoming and outgoing.
    That's not ture. I am yet to pay for a single SMS (sent or received). So those plans definitely cover outgoing SMSs, including ones sent and received to/from international numbers. That's one thing that's great about the global GSM network.
    I have to say that I really hate the fact I can't send Shotmail to numbers outside the US.

On another note, I'm currently looking at moving to Amsterdam and found that most mobile plans there let you roll your leftover included minutes and SMS messages to the next month.

Geoffrey
    Originally posted by silverado

That's not ture. I am yet to pay for a single SMS (sent or received). So those plans definitely cover outgoing SMSs, including ones sent and received to/from international numbers. That's one thing that's great about the global GSM network.
    If you buy an SMS plan, yes. But the free 50 that all plans include does not include outgoing