Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    This thought came across my mind after my little cousin twisted he candy portion of her ringpop onto my treo 300 antenna. We had a few laughs before I have to clean up the unit and told her not to do it again.

    I am interested in hearing from everyone what he/she did to make the antenna on the treo more useful, prettier, or shorter (it seems to get in my way from time to time.
    joe
  2. #2  
    Sorry, I don't use it for much....just a handle for pulling the Treo out of its case.
  3. #3  
    Well I know many people have have replaced teh original antenna with a mini antenna. It certainly makes the treo look sleeker....
  4. #4  
    Can't replace the antenna on the 300.
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Can't replace the antenna on the 300.
    You can on mine, I just had to give it a good strong twist.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by SammyTerry


    You can on mine, I just had to give it a good strong twist.

    I tried to twist it, but it seems like it's not an easy twist. Did you do it with a plier? Is it a screw head, or is it glued on?
    joe
  7. #7  
    DON'T try to remove the antenna on the 300.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    DON'T try to remove the antenna on the 300.
    It seems like you have had experience with it. How is the antenna attached to the unit?
    joe
  9. #9  
    I just twisted it off by hand, I did have to give it a bit of force, not too much. It is a screw head. I don't know what kramsauer is worried about.
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by SammyTerry
    I just twisted it off by hand, I did have to give it a bit of force, not too much. It is a screw head. I don't know what kramsauer is worried about.
    The antenna on teh 300 doesn't come off. You mustn't have a Treo 300. I don't have a bad experience with it, but I know it doesn't come off.
  11. #11  
    I do have a Treo 300. I'll post a picutre tonight, I left my Treo 300 at home today so I can't do it now. Since it's at home, I'll miss all my calls from the Sprint PCS network.
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    The antenna on teh 300 doesn't come off. You mustn't have a Treo 300. I don't have a bad experience with it, but I know it doesn't come off.
    Actually the antenna on the treo 300 does come off. It seems that handspring made 2 different batches of treo 300's. The second batch the antenna unscrews with no trouble at all and the first batch it doesn't come off. I came to this conclusion through swapping out because of problems. My brother and I have had close to 8 different treo's between us. The first batch of treos the paint is slightly more glossy and the stylus glides smoothly while on the second batch the paint is more dull and the screen is more rough to the touch with the stylus. But back to the statement, on some treo 300's the antenna unscrews with no trouble at all.
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by Bagbklyn

    But back to the statement, on some treo 300's the antenna unscrews with no trouble at all.
    Ah. That makes sense. I remember discussing this back a few months and no one with a 300 could remove their antenna. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by SammyTerry
    I do have a Treo 300. I'll post a picutre tonight, I left my Treo 300 at home today so I can't do it now. Since it's at home, I'll miss all my calls from the Sprint PCS network.
    Thanks for the bolding. I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. ;-) See the above post clarifying our misunderstanding.
  15. #15  
    is that all Treo 300s (and probably the other models also) have screw-off antennas. The problem is / was that they can get loose really easily. I was toying with mine and took it off. After that I was forever losing it.

    Even on mine, it had a drop of "lock-tight" to prevent it from falling off by accident. After some experiences like mine, they probably just started using more than just a drop to discourage people from playing with it. If it takes enough force to unscrew, maybe people wont try to avoid the risk of breaking the unit.
  16. #16  
    Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane
    is that all Treo 300s (and probably the other models also) have screw-off antennas. The problem is / was that they can get loose really easily. I was toying with mine and took it off. After that I was forever losing it.

    Even on mine, it had a drop of "lock-tight" to prevent it from falling off by accident. After some experiences like mine, they probably just started using more than just a drop to discourage people from playing with it. If it takes enough force to unscrew, maybe people wont try to avoid the risk of breaking the unit.
    Other way around. Initially it was unable to come off. Indeed, I think that it is not a screw off because I can twist mine. But it doesnt' come off.
  17. #17  
    I realize all is understood now, but because I went to all the trouble of taking a picture of my Treo, I'll post the pic anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18. #18  
    Originally posted by SammyTerry
    I realize all is understood now, but because I went to all the trouble of taking a picture of my Treo, I'll post the pic anyway.
    Oh come on! That's just photoshopping!

    Just kidding. Thanks for the visual evidence. Now I really wish I had a newer 300.

    Looks like the antenna on my old 180. BTW, you are the only person I've ever seen use the little handle loop. Does it ever get caught when you're removing it from your belt clip?
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer BTW, you are the only person I've ever seen use the little handle loop. Does it ever get caught when you're removing it from your belt clip?
    No, not at all. I usually use it to pull it out of the belt clip. As you can see in the picture, I tend to drop it a lot so I really like being able to wrap it around my hand.
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by Bagbklyn

    Actually the antenna on the treo 300 does come off. It seems that handspring made 2 different batches of treo 300's. The second batch the antenna unscrews with no trouble at all and the first batch it doesn't come off. I came to this conclusion through swapping out because of problems. My brother and I have had close to 8 different treo's between us. The first batch of treos the paint is slightly more glossy and the stylus glides smoothly while on the second batch the paint is more dull and the screen is more rough to the touch with the stylus. But back to the statement, on some treo 300's the antenna unscrews with no trouble at all.
    I have not seen both versions so I would not be able to tell whether mine has a glossier surface or not, whether my screen is rougher to the touch of my stylus (I lost my original stylus, so I'm not sure whether my new stylus smooths out the gliding experience.)

    It would be nice if you can post pics from both versions, so at least I know what you mean.

    Thanks in advance
    joe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions