1.    #1  
    Howdy comrades.
    I normally hot synch my Treo 270 with two machines: My PC and laptop. Lately my laptop "ignores" my Treo; it simply does not respond to the hot synch commend. I rebooted the laptop and reset the Treo. I tried following HS's suggestions, but to no avail.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks! m00se
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    did you try reinstalling the latest version of palm desktop? (my only suggestion that you did not specifically mention)
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by aarons12
    did you try reinstalling the latest version of palm desktop? (my only suggestion that you did not specifically mention)
    I think so... What version is that?
    m00se
    -Mark Twain
    Handspring's latest Palm desktop is here. Is the hotsync manager icon showing in the toolbar? If not, you may just need to turn it on in the palm desktop hotsync/setup menu. If it's a problem with the cable or cradle button, you might be able to initiate hotsync by running the hotsync program in the System category. Another thing to try might be Pilot Install, which doesn't seem to need the desktop software to install things (fast!) to your Treo. Good luck.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the help aarons12 and awschwab!

I came to understand that the issue I am having is with Windows XP, but I am yet to solve it. Apparently Windows XP is a difficult beast when it comes to hot synching.
    I'll post here the results of my effort to fix this problem.
    m00se
    -Mark Twain
  6.    #6  
    Hello again.
    For Treo users with Windows XP who are experiencing difficulties with hot sync, there's a patch that fixes the problem. This might save you time and anguish.

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...olutionId=8537

m00se
    -Mark Twain