Like Tree14Likes
  • 9 Post By Alan Morford
  • 1 Post By boovish
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi
  • 2 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    As of right now there is an update to Preware. Version 1.9.14 is available to the masses. pivotCE has worked closely with the nice folks at webOS Internals and Ports for a while now and coupled with our last announcement about the new Preware Catalog Search via browser service we started, we also would like to introduce the pivotCE app feed now built-in to Preware!

Read more
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Yay!
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Alan Morford likes this.
    WoW.. an actual update.. to 'Preware'! That's exciting in itself.

Thanks guys!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    petbull likes this.
    Er... I'm pretty sure I've been able to update Preware from Preware in the past, but I'm not seeing this in the update section on any device (I have updated the feeds). I know I can sideload it with WOSQI and I know it's there...
    ipkg.preware.net/feeds/webos-internals/armv7/org.webosinternals.preware_1.9.14_arm.ipk

Getting update alerts and doing everything on device is kind of the point of Preware...

Is it just me?
    I wasn't getting updates yesterday because I change my preferences to only check once per day, and I had already opened Preware that day. I just refreshed and it showed up in the updates.
    Hmmm... mine is set to refresh on launch... and I've refreshed in the app...

BTW, the Project Macaw feed keeps throwing an error...

No sign of a package update, but I'm in no rush. I'll give it a day.
    Actually that could be causing your problem. I forgot about that. I noticed it in LuneOS earlier and it was keeping it from loading all of the apps. Disable that feed temporarily and update the feeds and it should pick it up.
    Preemptive and Rnp like this.
    Success! Thankyou! Ooh! 18 new(ish) apps already!

Interesting that a problem feed might block the others. Macaw still shows an error. I suppose I should offer up a prayer to the mighty bearded one... Nah, posting on the thread is probably more useful.
    Great. I start my current version of preware and run the update. It works fine. Thank you for the new version!
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Success! Thankyou! Ooh! 18 new(ish) apps already!

Interesting that a problem feed might block the others. Macaw still shows an error. I suppose I should offer up a prayer to the mighty bearded one... Nah, posting on the thread is probably more useful.
    Well it could be that Minego the developer of Macaw has some issues with his feed And he has quite a beard LOL
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Well it could be that Minego the developer of Macaw has some issues with his feed And he has quite a beard LOL
    Micah N Gorrell @_minego

@Herrie1982 Thank you for pointing that out. It looks like I had broken a DNS setting. Should be resolved in a few minutes.
    There you go
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Preemptive likes this.